McKee might be back tonight

hopeleslyobvious

Indeed.

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I would really like to see Mika get the start tonight, just to see what he can do when starting from 0-0.

As rusty as he must be, I'm sure it wouldn't be much of an upgrade over The Smiling Sieve, but at least Mika is still an unknown. The fact that Biron sucks bad, has been proven over and over, and IMO is not something that needs proving yet again.

Oh, and you don't have to worry about the garbage can coming out of the net and misplaying the puck.

Amen to that.

This is beyond ridiculous, I mean how in the name of all that's holy can you play 7 games with a GAA of 4.35 and a SV% of .862 .... ???!??!??!

I mean, how pathetic do the numbers have to be before Biron gets glued to the press box, or better yet sent to Rochester? Yup - Rochester. Don't worry, this guy WILL clear waivers, trust me!

I swear to god, he's got pictures of Darcy and Lindy placing bets on the Pens in 2001, and slipping something in Dom's water bottle before OT.

Amen to that.

This is beyond ridiculous, I mean how in the name of all that's holy can you play 7 games with a GAA of 4.35 and a SV% of .862 .... ???!??!??!

Actually, I can answer that in two words:

Ottawa Senators

Take away those 2 games and he's down to a 3.00 GAA and a 0.891 S%. Yeah, that's still not the best but look up Ryan Miller's stats and you won't see that much of a difference.

Also keep in mind the fact that all 3 of our goalies have been lit up by Ottawa. Why do you only hold it against Marty?

Because Miller doesn't assist on goals scored against him, and because he usually stops the first three shots every game. Something Marty is finding very difficult.

Plus Miller is young, Marty has had years to get his game together, yet he seems to decline steadily.

Oh, and because The Sabres are paying him 2 million bucks a year for sucking as bad as he does.

I don't count Mika, since he's never been given a fair shake, especielly not this season.

Actually, I can answer that in two words:

Ottawa Senators

Take away those 2 games and he's down to a 3.00 GAA and a 0.891 S%. Yeah, that's still not the best but look up Ryan Miller's stats and you won't see that much of a difference.

Also keep in mind the fact that all 3 of our goalies have been lit up by Ottawa. Why do you only hold it against Marty?

So are we taking Ottawa out of Miller's stats as well?

And I am going to sound like a broken record, but there is not a stat for clutch save percentage. I think Biron chokes in the clutch. The Sabres have the confidence to play a wide open game in front of Miller, and not in front of Biron. Because let's face it, chances are when a defenseman gets caught pinching and you have an odd man rush coming the other way, you would much rather have Miller in there than Biron.

So are we taking Ottawa out of Miller's stats as well?

And I am going to sound like a broken record, but there is not a stat for clutch save percentage. I think Biron chokes in the clutch. The Sabres have the confidence to play a wide open game in front of Miller, and not in front of Biron. Because let's face it, chances are when a defenseman gets caught pinching and you have an odd man rush coming the other way, you would much rather have Miller in there than Biron.

Yea Biron just gets nervous and falls to pieces then and there... remeber the old days when Hasek used to intimidate the shooter comin down the ice for a breakaway and the shooter would just completly screw up and lose the puck... well now its the other way around... the shooter intimidates biron to hell... doesn't matter if its donald brashier or Danny Heatley... he gets scared in there... he's had his pants pulled down on him so many times he's worried about being emabressed again so he tries too hard and screws up because he's thinking to much about the play... god only knows the mess thats going on in his head... id hate to be a prisioner in that mind when he's on the ice... you probably can't see it but he probably gets the shakes... and its not from being cold.

Just to be a pain...Miller's stats without Ottawa

GAA:2.52

SV%: .917

So taking Ottawa out of the equation really doesn't help Marty's case all that much.

And now Marty's down to a 2.85, .90 without Ottawa. That's not too far off of Miller's stats. Another thing to keep in mind is that with such a small number of games played, the stats are going to fluctuate quite a bit.

The simple problem here is that you're judging a notoriously slow starter based on 7.67 games (including those Ottawa games where any of our three goalies would've been shelled). His numbers are going to increase and by the end of the year, you won't see anything close to what Kristian listed earlier.

And now Marty's down to a 2.85, .90 without Ottawa. That's not too far off of Miller's stats. Another thing to keep in mind is that with such a small number of games played, the stats are going to fluctuate quite a bit.

The simple problem here is that your judging a notoriously slow starter based on 7.67 games (including those Ottawa games where any of our three goalies would've been shelled). His numbers are going to increase and by the end of the year, you won't see anything close to what Kristian listed earlier.

I am not judging him based on this year alone. I am basing my opinion on:

1. The last 3 years.

2. The team's confidence when playing in front of him. If the team's not confident they aren't going to take chances. The defenseman seem a lot more comfortable pinching in in front of Miller than they do Biron.

3. Personal observation. Stats don't tell the whole story. See above posts.

That wasn't aimed at you specifically.

I don't buy into that idea that the team plays more comfortably in front of Miller. I don't see anything that backs that up. Other than the Ottawa disaster, the team has been solid over the last 4 games. I missed the Montreal games, so I can't go back any further than that. As for the Ottawa game, it has absolutely nothing to do with confidence in the goalie. It's all about the lack of confidence in the entire team while facing the Senators.

Archived