NHLPA Cancels Meeting

Guest FredD

Guest FredD

Given the resounding silence that greeted the end of the season in the US and the well publicized absense of real TV money on the table, what are the players thinking?

I don't mean to say the owners are honeys. The owners lack of foresight on expansion and the quality of play is obvious, but from my perspective its clear the players have zero leverage. So why not settle for the best rotten (from their persepctive) dael they can?

Any insights?

It became obvious long ago that neither the players nor the owners give a damn about the fans or the game. Both sides are worried about their egos and bringing home a ridiculous paycheck, and they'll stop at nothing to make sure both remain intact. The few players and owners that do have any sense and concern for what their actions are doing to the game and to the fans are far outweighed by the egomaniacs who couldn't care less. Nothing they do surprises me anymore, and I think we'll be lucky to ever have an NHL again.

It became obvious long ago that neither the players nor the owners give a damn about the fans or the game. Both sides are worried about their egos and bringing home a ridiculous paycheck, and they'll stop at nothing to make sure both remain intact. The few players and owners that do have any sense and concern for what their actions are doing to the game and to the fans are far outweighed by the egomaniacs who couldn't care less. Nothing they do surprises me anymore, and I think we'll be lucky to ever have an NHL again.

What he said, couldnt have said it any better

Archived