Sticking up for Myles Crane

Toddkaz

So since the begining of the season i was on the sabres side

Deluca i will give you this

When a player goes down that is major on your team you always wait to see but only 2 or 3 games

then you pull the trigger show the team we want to win and we will get what we need in the absence of a great player

I see the leafs do it year in and year out when they have an injury they get a player to fill the void.

They don't need a goalie but LETS STEP UP AND TRADE a 2nd pick or even a first and some players and get somebody in here to spark the team.

WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE FOR THE SAKE OF A TRADE

we will win if we get a some talent in here to take up the slack but what

the hell is the GM waiting for christmas!!!!!

When a player goes down that is major on your team you always wait to see but only 2 or 3 games

then you pull the trigger show the team we want to win and we will get what we need in the absence of a great player

I see the leafs do it year in and year out when they have an injury they get a player to fill the void.

They don't need a goalie but LETS STEP UP AND TRADE a 2nd pick or even a first and some players and get somebody in here to spark the team.

I'm not in favor of a trade for the sake of making a trade.

I believe you become better by adding talent at the top of your roster. Even if Z and Satan were still here I would have liked them to pick up a Bondra or someone like that. That way you increase the overall talent of the team. The Sabres have a nice power play now. But it could be better and those players would have made it better.

That aside.

If Vanek pulls it all together And Tim Connolly can duplicate last nights game over the course of the season then all may not be lost. But counting on a rookie and a forward with a long history of streaky play is not a sound plan. So other things have to happen.

1) Kalinin needs to get healthy. Maybe the Sabres should sit him for a weak. He's not 100% and it shows.

2) Drury cashed in a lucky bounce last night. Maybe that is a sign the puck will start bouncing his way and he can be a force in the offensive zone. And if he tightens up a bit defensively he could be worth the $3 million.

3) Regier hasd to go out and get a blueliner. Not another Lydman or a Teppo the Uninspiring. A true top four guy. It will cost the Sabres. Not only against the cap but also some of the young talent. Maybe a Roy or a Kotalik. They need someone to take up the slack for Kalinin until he is 100%. If he can be this season.

4) I would like to see more guys from the ROC get a look for a game or two. Keep them hungry and send a message to the bottom half of the roster that they can and will be replaced. When guys like Pyatt play inspired it raises the entire team up. But they can't just sit there knowing Lindy will keep giving them chances. It might be time for an example to be set.

Peace :)

Niles not Myles ;)

I'm not in favor of a trade for the sake of making a trade.

I believe ...

That aside.

If Vanek pulls it all together And Tim Connolly can duplicate last nights game over the course of the season then all may not be lost. But counting on a rookie and a forward with a long history of streaky play is not a sound plan. So other things have to happen.

1) Kalinin needs to get healthy. Maybe the Sabres should sit him for a weak. He's not 100% and it shows.

2) Drury cashed in a lucky bounce last night. Maybe that is a sign the puck will start bouncing his way and he can be a force in the offensive zone. And if he tightens up a bit defensively he could be worth the $3 million.

3) Regier hasd to go out and get a blueliner. Not another Lydman or a Teppo the Uninspiring. A true top four guy. It will cost the Sabres. Not only against the cap but also some of the young talent. Maybe a Roy or a Kotalik. They need someone to take up the slack for Kalinin until he is 100%. If he can be this season.

4) I would like to see more guys from the ROC get a look for a game or two. Keep them hungry and send a message to the bottom half of the roster that they can and will be replaced. When guys like Pyatt play inspired it raises the entire team up. But they can't just sit there knowing Lindy will keep giving them chances. It might be time for an example to be set.

Peace  :)

Very good post. I agree with most of it.

well your preeching to the Choire here... we'd all love a trade that'd bring someone new into buffalo that could help us... but lets face it... its regier... its not gonna happen... not soon anyway... one good thing is that at least he's holding out to get the right player in return. if he gets a draft pick after waiting this long i say we fire bomb his office... who's with me!

Archived