Bob Boughner

Toddkaz

Lets bring back BOB BOUGHNER he was a NOLAN guy but he was awesome when he played here he was a monster hitter and I think was the type of guy that would do anything to help win. Would certainly be better than some of the guys and you might get him for a third pick or maybe a package with NORENAN

Just a thought i always liked him and was sad to see him go.

no Allison... that guys is slow and has shown no signs of greatness at all... and what do the leafs need with another goalie... they'll be in the same situation as us... poor tellqvist will be in AHL again while biron is in NHL... i don't think they want the same situation we have

Lets bring back BOB BOUGHNER he was a NOLAN guy but he was awesome when he played here he was a monster hitter and I think was the type of guy that would do anything to help win. Would certainly be better than some of the guys and you might get him for a third pick or maybe a package with NORENAN

id agree with tht

Lets bring back BOB BOUGHNER he was a NOLAN guy but he was awesome when he played here he was a monster hitter and I think was the type of guy that would do anything to help win.  Would certainly be better than some of the guys and you might get him for a third pick or maybe a package with NORENAN

Boughner will be 35 before this season is finished and, until last night when he took a handful of shifts on wing on the 4th line, has been a healthy scratch for about 9 consecutive games. He has only dressed 4 times for Colorado this year. Colorado is 0-3-1 in those games. They are 9-2-1 in games he hasn't played in.

He was a very tough D-man when he played with Buffalo, but he was not very quick. That was 6 years ago. I do not believe that he would be a good fit for the Sabres as his lack of speed would make him a big liability in the defensive end.

I would like to see the D upgraded but do not see Bob as an upgrade.

Boughner will be 35 before this season is finished and, until last night when he took a handful of shifts on wing on the 4th line, has been a healthy scratch for about 9 consecutive games. He has only dressed 4 times for Colorado this year. Colorado is 0-3-1 in those games. They are 9-2-1 in games he hasn't played in.

He was a very tough D-man when he played with Buffalo, but he was not very quick. That was 6 years ago. I do not believe that he would be a good fit for the Sabres as his lack of speed would make him a big liability in the defensive end.

I would like to see the D upgraded but do not see Bob as an upgrade.

agreed there... one slow guy on a team of fast guys is like a huge anchor you just can't have that... everyone must be at least quick to be able to meld and transition properly... while its a nostaligic thought and would be fun maybe i don't think it would help us.

Archived