Biron

cesna

Wow, I thought he could at least hold the fort a while while Miller was gone. I guess I was wrong. HE still lets in shots that most competent backup goaltenders in the league would stop. I am sick of watching him in net! With him in net it's the same old Sabres. We probably will be out of it before the New Year. THANK-YOU DARCY REGEIR and BLAZE!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more.

Biron has got to be the lousiest excuse for an NHL goaltender there is, and he's costing us 2 mill a year.

Madness.... Pure madness :blink:

Anyone think Mika will get the next start?

Mika will start against the Sens. So when he gets knoched out they can bench him longer. Regier and Ruff have no interest in playing Mika. That will show him for having a mind of his own. Regier and Ruff are two spitefull little girls.

Mika will start against the Sens. So when he gets knoched out they can bench him longer. Regier and Ruff have no interest in playing Mika. That will show him for having a mind of his own. Regier and Ruff are two spitefull little girls.

I hate the direction the team has taken, but I have a hard time blaming Ruff for most of it. I'm not saying he's not to blame, as even I am losing patience, (WTF was up with changing the lines after a 6-2 start??) but what can he REALLY do?

Biron is giving up goals on 1/4 of his shots while the Sabres seem to think that the NHL is awarding 2 points to teams that hit the opposing goalie 40 times a game...And that's when they actually decide to make an effort to get shots.

These players are girls too, and the ultimate responsibility lies with Darcy (who even has a semi-female name). He never got rid of one of the goaltending stiffs. I mean, is anyone really that relieved that we still have both Mika and Marty now that Miller has gone down? I'd rather have the draft pick and Mika giving up soft goals than both guys and Marty giving up soft goals. Our defense reminds me of the Bills' offensive line - A critical area that the team figured they could get by without, you know, good players. Lastly, unlike Galisano, who has to be one of the most likable owners in the league, Darcy is cold and tyrant-like. He reminds me of Gregg Williams in the way he relates to the fans. Shocking that they can't fill the seats at HSBC Arena...

Oh...My real reason for posting is that I thought your comment about Ruff and Regier being spiteful little girls was funny. Pass the chips and dip.

Guest FSUWolf21
I hate the direction the team has taken, but I have a hard time blaming Ruff for most of it. I'm not saying he's not to blame, as even I am losing patience, (WTF was up with changing the lines after a 6-2 start??) but what can he REALLY do?

Biron is giving up goals on 1/4 of his shots while the Sabres seem to think that the NHL is awarding 2 points to teams that hit the opposing goalie 40 times a game...And that's when they actually decide to make an effort to get shots.

These players are girls too, and the ultimate responsibility lies with Darcy (who even has a semi-female name). He never got rid of one of the goaltending stiffs. I mean, is anyone really that relieved that we still have both Mika and Marty now that Miller has gone down? I'd rather have the draft pick and Mika giving up soft goals than both guys and Marty giving up soft goals. Our defense reminds me of the Bills' offensive line - A critical area that the team figured they could get by without, you know, good players. Lastly, unlike Galisano, who has to be one of the most likable owners in the league, Darcy is cold and tyrant-like. He reminds me of Gregg Williams in the way he relates to the fans. Shocking that they can't fill the seats at HSBC Arena...

Oh...My real reason for posting is that I thought your comment about Ruff and Regier being spiteful little girls was funny. Pass the chips and dip.

Can someone refresh my memory - someone else posted about Mika speaking his mind a couple years ago and how Lindy/Darcy have been "paying him back" for that ever since, and that's why he doesn't get a fair shake. What did he say/do?

I guess all along I really didn't like Biron's play but, like some others he would have games like the 2 against Montreal and I'd have to admit he wasn't horrible. But after last nights game it was real obvious. He CAN make some spectacular saves. He just can't make the IMPORTANT saves unless it is March and it really doesn't matter. He faced a lousy 21 shots in todays NHL and he couldn't stop 18?

Ken Dryden wrote a book called "The Game" and mentions how it is his job not to lose the game for his team. Biron last night didn't have to win the game for the Sabres (as Gerber with his many saves may have for the Canes) but Marty did let them down when he was needed.

Couldn't agree more.

Biron has got to be the lousiest excuse for an NHL goaltender there is, and he's costing us 2 mill a year.

Madness.... Pure madness :blink:

Anyone think Mika will get the next start?

HAHA we often over look the financial aspect of Biron but yea there it is 2 million for garbage...... Hey Darcy... ill play goal for room and board at the arena... basically a 1.99 million dollar paycut from biron. AND id probably still be better...

What a joke this is... were still gettin a bag of pucks for biron... plain and simple just like i said after the big ottawa loss.... as for noronen... maybe a puck bag only... i don't know that he's worth putting pucks into the bag... hmm maybe if we throw in a draft pick we could get the pucks :D

Anyone looked at the last 7 games and noticed how the "Sabre-Coaster" ride of 2002-2003 has returned?

In this particular display of losing, The Sabres will come out strong, dominate play, create chances, and perhaps score 3-4 goals.

They might come out with a lacklustre effort too though, only managing 1 or 2 goals.

Now, the problem with this whole scenario lies with the goaltending. When The Sabres come out and dominate, Biron will be ridiculous, and they'll surrender at least 4-5 goals, mostly soft ones too.

When they come out poor however, Biron will be solid, and will only allow 2-3 goals, which can be very good in a game where The Sabres don't show up.

Bottom line though is, no matter how you slice it and how they play, they're finding ways to lose. The mark of a losing team, obviously.

Biron is a choke artist when the team is on, and he'll be solid when they're not. When are people going to realise that he will never ever be good enough for the NHL? Dump him. Call up Leighton, and have him and Mika take turns at getting yanked, at least they both come cheap.

He probably will get the start, because I expect him to get the win against Toronto.

Can someone refresh my memory - someone else posted about Mika speaking his mind a couple years ago and how Lindy/Darcy have been "paying him back" for that ever since, and that's why he doesn't get a fair shake.  What did he say/do?

A couple of seasons ago when Mika and Marty were starting back and forth Mika spoke out about not being able to get a rythm becuase of the way Ruff was using the goalies. This did not sit well and Mika has been on the outside looking in since. Mika hasn't ahd many starts since then no matter how Marty played. It's why he's the odd man out again this year. It's why they haven't traded him. IMO they are burying the kid.

Archived