Change the Uniforms

bottlecap

while that may sell a whole WHACK of jerseys to the fan base it will do little to encourage the team itself... what we are seeing are "The Same Old Sabres" or TSOS... no pretty blue and gold pieces of fabric are going to change that... lets focus on getting the team into the playoffs then if we have time well change the uniforms...

its like buying a car... first make sure you can afford to buy the car then add all the options and goodies once you know you can afford the base price...

The past is gone, forget going back to the old uniforms. Go for a new look, a new team, a new attitude for sure but for heavens sake stop looking backwards or I'm going to start feeling like the Sabres are the North American version of the English football team who chirp on and on about winning the world cup in 1966 but can't actually get their head around the fact times change.

:rolleyes:

We need to play under our real colors, blue and gold,

not this cursed relic from the Rigas era.

How many times do I have to say it....the current uniforms were brought in while still under control by the Knoxes. They unveiled them during our last season at the Aud. Then Seymour passed away during the off season, and never saw the puck drop for the opener at the new arena.

How many times do I have to say it....the current uniforms were brought in while still under control by the Knoxes. They unveiled them during our last season at the Aud. Then Seymour passed away during the off season, and never saw the puck drop for the opener at the new arena.

The current unis were brought in under Doug Moss via the direct supervision of his girlfriend.

Doug Moss thought that he could run the Sabres with a business model that worked in NYC. He couldn't. He went from the Sabres to be the head of the IHL. You remember that one don't you. It used to be the other feeder system to the NHL. Not anymore. Other than a few teams that joined the AHL after the IHL folded, it is just a memory.

I wonder where Douggie is working his magic today? Wherever it is, I hope it isn't for any company whose stocks are held in any of my mutual funds.

And the record would be different why?

exactly... i don't see how different uniforms are gonna light a fire under this team... there all too young to remeber the blue and gold of old... yea maybe it'd be nice for the fans... would last maybe a week or two... until they started losing again then everybody would call the uniform change a PR move.... like really... thats useless... the problem is with personal... not what personal is wearing!

It seems it's been so long since we've had any kind of real

leadership. It's been the blind leading the blind since

Muckler left. It would be nice if we could be identifiable

as the team from Buffalo by our uniforms. It just seems

that when we switched to red, black and silver it was solely

a marketing move, a move just calculated to sell more

jerseys. Look at the original six. they have classic uniforms.

We have unis that imitate others. I just want an identity

and real leadership. Is that too much to ask? :(

It seems it's been so long since we've had any kind of real

leadership. It's been the blind leading the blind since

Muckler left. It would be nice if we could be identifiable

as the team from Buffalo by our uniforms. It just seems

that when we switched to red, black and silver it was solely

a marketing move, a move just calculated to sell more

jerseys. Look at the original six. they have classic uniforms.

We have unis that imitate others. I just want an identity

and real leadership. Is that too much to ask? :(

No... but still... alot of young fans in there are too young and to 'new' minded to realise what the blue and gold ever stood for... im 20 and i love the red and black but also the blue and gold because i realise the history behind it... alot of younger fans could care less about the blue and gold and see it as something that older fans would wear around, the whole vintage thing just is not as appealing as something new and fresh... however to see the old blue and gold once in a while would be nice too... and remeber were not an origional six team anyway... i say stay red and black but bring back the vintage on a part time basis... playing teams like vancover and the origional six.

i understand they needed to update the old blu-gold unis, but the current ones just suck and always have. i really really miss our old colors. i still can't believe they changed them.

i am watching the nashville game right now and i am so jealous of their fans for having those cool gold jerseys to wear. those things are hot!

golisano are you out there?? just give us our colors back!! :(

Archived