Positives

bottlecap

Miller was def a positive, I was feeling good about his play.

The way our team was set up for speed is a plus, since it works under the new rules.

I also am psyched about our ability to stay away from pnalties, since the PP is king in the new NHL.

One other thing - I think Vanek is doing well for a kid just out of college. Id like a few goals, but 8 assists is damn good.

Additional positives: McKee is looking like the McKee of old.

Gaustad has played very well for a rook.

Team is 7-3 against teams that aren't the best in the East. (7-2 if you take out teams that are the worst in the East!)

Connolly is nowhere near the worst player in the league this year.

I think you could add Max to this. While 25 goals may still end up being his limit (I still think 30-35 is within reason) his skating and his inventiveness is worth a ticket price. Also he draws penalties (and takes a few stupid ones, I know) with ease. His drawing of two on one drive to the net Wed. was the best thing of the night for the Sabres. He also had an awesome pass which set up a goal.

Well, compared to where he was last time out ...

haha... ive been damn impressed by him so far... i didn't think i could say it... but i did... he's battled his way onto this team again and is ready to go... but savour it while you can... ruff will suck the talent clean out of him real soon just like every other player... poor vanek... could have been sooo much more... ruined... and so quickly too... the young ones always fall the fastest... i expected at least 30 games out of him before he was ruined...

Archived