Deluca, You've pissed me off

inkman

Here is their significant players and how they came to be a Sen.

Daniel Alfredsson - 1994 sixth round pick- Obviously a steal, by previous GM

Zdeno Chara - 2001 trade for Yashin ( picked 2nd overall in 1992 )

Martin Havlat - 1999 first round pick

Dany Heatley - 2005 Marian Hossa trade (picked 12 overall in 1997 )

Chris Phillips - 1996 first round pick

Wade Redden - 1996 trade

Peter Shaefer - 2002 trade for Sami Salo

Bryan Smolinski - 2003 trade for Tim Gleason

Jason Spezza - 2001 trade for Yashin

Muckler has been on board since june 12th 2002. He can be directly attributed to Smolinski, Shaefer, and Hasek if you want to throw him in there. I'm leaving Heatley off because Hossa was equal (albeit softer) the player that Heatley is. I would not classify those moves as anything groundbreaking or even above average.

If you want a GM that can assemble a team look to Muck's predecessor, Marshall Johnston or whoever assembled the talent prior to Muckler. :P

Here is their significant players and how they came to be a Sen.

Daniel Alfredsson - 1994 sixth round pick- Obviously a steal, by previous GM

Zdeno Chara - 2001 trade for Yashin ( picked 2nd overall in 1992 )

Martin Havlat - 1999 first round pick

Dany Heatley - 2005 Marian Hossa trade (picked 12 overall in 1997 )

Chris Phillips - 1996 first round pick

Wade Redden - 1996 trade

Peter Shaefer - 2002 trade for Sami Salo

Bryan Smolinski - 2003 trade for Tim Gleason

Jason Spezza - 2001 trade for Yashin

Muckler has been on board since june 12th 2002. He can be directly attributed to Smolinski, Shaefer, and Hasek if you want to throw him in there. I'm leaving Heatley off because Hossa was equal (albeit softer) the player that Heatley is. I would not classify those moves as anything groundbreaking or even above average.

If you want a GM that can assemble a team look to Muck's predecessor, Marshall Johnston or whoever assembled the talent prior to Muckler. :P

The Heatley trade alone is greater then all the positive things Darcy has done combined.

As far as Marshall Johnston? Lets sign him. Fire Regier and sign him today.

Anyway. If Regier gets credit for taking Mucklers team to the Finals. Why can't Muckler get credit for taking a team he didn't draft. ;)

I wonder.

I think they got a steal salary wise, but saying that Heatly is THAT much better than Hossa is questionable. Sure Heatly is younger, but I think Hossa is a GREAT player as well and it don't forget that they had to give up Greg Devris as well, which I think is a solid defenceman. If he was on the Sabres I think he'd be in our top three defence!!

heatley was more of a risk with better potential. he could have flopped and not got over the whole synder event. but he did, a little luck there. but muckler is like regier, just takes more risks. regier is good at trades, like muckler, but its true muckler is better. but instead of saying whats true for no real reason, lets think of who we could replace regier with. muckler isnt in that category.

Heatley was a phenomenal pick-up, far better than Hossa. But to say that picking up Heatley was better than everything Regier's done is just plain stupid to say.

Not at all. The Sabres have not had a player of his talent on the roster since Patty. There is not one, or any combination of Regier pick ups I would rather have then Heatley. Including them all.

From the GM to the guy who sweeps the arena. Ottawa is a much better franchise. You never hear ex-players coming out and bashing Ottawa. It's a place were players want to go and play. They trade well and draft even better. It's one thing to draft low. It's another to get it right. It's too early to tell about Vanek, but I can't think of any other Regier draft pick(besides Kalinin) that could even crack the Ottawa roster on the fourth line. I couldn't even tell you who the Sabres drafted (besides Kalinin and Vanek) in the first round over those years. Do any of them still play hockey?

When Muckler left the Sabres were one of the highest rated franchises when it comes to prospects.

heatley was more of a risk with better potential. he could have flopped and not got over the whole synder event. but he did, a little luck there. but muckler is like regier, just takes more risks. regier is good at trades, like muckler, but its true muckler is better. but instead of saying whats true for no real reason, lets think of who we could replace regier with. muckler isnt in that category.

agreed... but who is in that category... dare i say... ted nolan... if ruff ever gets fired i want nolan in here...

heatley was more of a risk with better potential. he could have flopped and not got over the whole synder event. but he did, a little luck there.

Heatley had 25 points in 31 games while recovering from his injuries in '03-'04 and had 24 points in 16 games playing in Europe last year. He appeared to be on the right track so I don't think he was too much of a risk. It was more of a risk that he would not come back if he stayed in Atlanta where there were daily reminders of the accident.

Considering the situation, I'd say it was a good trade for both teams.

agreed... but who is in that category... dare i say... ted nolan... if ruff ever gets fired i want nolan in here...

Ruff is class-clown that should've gotten the boot years ago.

Call me a Ruff basher, but I dare say one of the main reasons the team was playing well in the early goings was because they had a whole non-Ruff year to recharge their batteries.

His line-juggling, mind games, and piss-poor development of young players is shining through again already, and this, I suspect, is the main reason the team is already taking nights off at an alarming rate.

How come every player, no matter who we sign, ends up being a floater in this organisation? Hell, even Grier isn't half the player he was in Washington anymore.

I personally had a theory 2 years ago, that the players were out to get Ruff fired. I'm starting to see the same pattern all over again.

Call me crazy, but nobody is as lazy as these guys make out to be. 4 nights off, and they come out coasting against not only the worst team in the league, but also the best team??? There's just no logical explanation for it.

How come every player, no matter who we sign, ends up being a floater in this organisation? Hell, even Grier isn't half the player he was in Washington anymore.

One name stand over all accountable... RUFF

before players come here there awsome... they have great talent and potential... then they come here and they suck.... once they leave there great again and are using there talent... somehow this place is a blackhole that sucks any and all talent... the source is RUFF!

I think Lindy is more than an above average coach with a lot of knowledge and experience. That said I think he has run his course behind the Buffalo bench and has gotten into a "dog house" mentality and it has not only hurt the team on game nights, but has far reaching effects. The former players talk, Max's lost years, Our goalie situation (poor Mika- He wasn't even told he was dressing Wed. until he showed up to ride the bike (His audio from after the game). If Vanek truly has been hindered by the flu the past few games wouldn't it have been nice to have had a forward (other than Peters) on the roster to allow him a night off to recover?

One name stand over all accountable... RUFF

before players come here there awsome... they have great talent and potential... then they come here and they suck.... once they leave there great again and are using there talent... somehow this place is a blackhole that sucks any and all talent... the source is RUFF!

I don't hate Ruff like I do Regier. But I find no fault in anything said here.

Guest Guest_Rabbit151

The fact that we Sabres fans are way too excited about Pomminstein and Roy being called up to play says all there needs to be said regarding the talent level of the 2005 Buffalo Sabres.

Oh, by the way, did you all hear that huge popping noise on Wednesday night? That was the sound of the Sabres bubble bursting. I'm not saying we won't make the play-offs, but if we do, it'll be by a -hair.

The Sabres really looked bad on Wednesday. I thought we were supposed to be one of the faster teams in the league, sure didn't look like it on Wednesday.

Thank god I'm also a Spurs fan, they actually win once in a while. I understand they sent King James home in his diapers tonight.

The fact that we Sabres fans are way too excited about Pomminstein and Roy being called up to play says all there needs to be said regarding the talent level of the 2005 Buffalo Sabres.

Oh, by the way, did you all hear that huge popping noise on Wednesday night? That was the sound of the Sabres bubble bursting. I'm not saying we won't make the play-offs, but if we do, it'll be by a -hair.

The Sabres really looked bad on Wednesday. I thought we were supposed to be one of the faster teams in the league, sure didn't look like it on Wednesday.

Thank god I'm also a Spurs fan, they actually win once in a while. I understand they sent King James home in his diapers tonight.

yea that was bad... but whats worse is losing 2 straight to montreal... the last 3 games have been division games... we took ZERO points out of them... forget 10-4 its better to lose like that then lose with 4.5 seconds left to go in the 3rd by one goal... <---- NOW THAT SUCKS!!! never mind 10-4 besides ottawa will beat up on teams like that night in and night out... however i have formed an alliance with several leaf fans up here in canada and we plan to cheer against and boycott the senators all year long... in my opinion NO team is allowed to be THAT good!

Guest Guest_rabbit151

I would way rather see the Sens win than the Leafs. Call it political, but many of us western canadians hate everything about Toronto, and the east. But, Ottawa is a better choice, even though that is east.

To all you Toronto folks reading this thread, screw you!! Vote Liberal again you idiots, you and Darcy Tucker should be very happy together.

I hope Buffalo meets you in the play-offs so they can kick your butt!!!!!

Archived