Sabres vs Islanders?

deluca67

A much better effort then the previous nights.

The Sabres have a 0% margin of error. Keep it up the rest of the way and this is a much needed and earned 2 pts.

This is not the same effort they gave the last two games. IMO? If the Sabres played the Caps in the HSBC(not a road game in ROC)? they win that game and who knows what happens in NJ?

Just my Opinion. :)

A much better effort then the previous nights.

The Sabres have a 0% margin of error. Keep it up the rest of the way and this is a much needed and earned 2 pts.

This is not the same effort they gave the last two games.  IMO? If the Sabres played the Caps in the HSBC(not a road game in ROC)? they win that game and who knows what happens in NJ? 

Just my Opinion.  :)

I agree 100%.

Loved the effort to come back after falling behind 4-3 ... granted the Isles helped with the penalties but they capitalized.

Vanek has been invisible since being taken off Briere's line, but man that line is buzzing with Hecht on there. Can't break it up now.

More dumb penalties from Tallinder ... gotta sit him down. They are carrying 7 defensemen, they should all be playing with a sense of urgency that if they do dumb things they will be out of the lineup.

Not sure Biron did anything spectacular to impress the Oilers but not bad for his first game in forever ... his best stretch was probably the 5-on-3 that he created by tripping a guy in front.

Much better effort overall, a nice way to finish a road trip.

And the Leafs got smoked, so that is always nice.

It's rather interesting I think that early in the game there were some folks here that were calling for Marty's head when he gave up 2 quick goals. If my memory serves me Ryan gave up 4 to the NYI's on opening night, including that crappy half rink shot by Mr. "Penalty Box" Zhitnik.

I'm not saying that Biron should be the goalie now or ever in Buffalo, that's Ryan's job now, however he's simply not the pariah everyone always seems to want to make him out to be.

In my opinion, trade Marty to the highest bidder and let Mika be the back up. If that's not good enough for him, then trade him to the highest bidder as well and let Leighton be the back up. I watch him the last 3 years when he had his chances in Chicago (where I've lived the last 3 years.) and he's got some potential. Yeah, I know, potential usually means very little, but hey look what happened the last time the Sabres picked up a back up goalie from Chicago.

ok, ok I'll take some boots to the head for that, but so be it. Just throwing it out there. No Leighton is NOT Hasek, NO ONE is Hasek.

Archived