Speaking of clocks...Big argument with my...

inkman

I've had some time to think about this and I finally realized (I think) why we don't see eye to eye on this. I feel like I lose an hour of sleep while my wife says we gain an hour.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I almost always stayed up past the time you change your clocks while she went to bed before. Therefore, I was waking up an hour earlier while she was getting was extra hour of sleep. Does that line of thinking follow logic or am I just talking out of my arse. (my $ is on the latter) :rolleyes:

I've had some time to think about this and I finally realized (I think) why we don't see eye to eye on this. I feel like I lose an hour of sleep while my wife says we gain an hour.

I think the problem stems from the fact that I almost always stayed up past the time you change your clocks while she went to bed before. Therefore, I was waking up an hour earlier while she was getting was extra hour of sleep. Does that line of thinking follow logic or am I just talking out of my arse. (my $ is on the latter) :rolleyes:

You gain an hour this time. Lose it the next.

If you're at the Bars you gain another hour of drinking ;)

You gain an hour this time. Lose it the next.

If you're at the Bars you gain another hour of drinking ;)

Lets say I don't change my clock tonight. Instead of waking up at 5 to get to work I will need to get up at 4 on my unchanged clock to get to work on time, right? Isn't that losing an hour of sleep.

Lets say I don't change my clock tonight. Instead of waking up at 5 to get to work I will need to get up at 4 on my unchanged clock to get to work on time, right? Isn't that losing an hour of sleep.

No.

Your clock goes from 2 am to 1 am. Spring forward Fall back. If you don't touch your clock at all and get up at 5 am. It will only be 4 am. You get an extra hour.

Lets say I don't change my clock tonight.  Instead of waking up at 5 to get to work I will need to get up at 4 on my unchanged clock to get to work on time, right?  Isn't that losing an hour of sleep.

Nooooooo. You would be getting up at 6 on your unchanged clock (or I should say anyone else would be getting up at 6 using an unchanged clock, I don't know how YOU would handle it. :P )

When you set the clock BACK. You take the clock from 2AM to 1AM. You don't lose any sleep going to bed AFTER 2AM. You just don't get the EXTRA hour of sleep that you would have had going to bed with your wife. OK, so you probably wouldn't have gotten the extra hour that way either; but you probably would have had more fun! ;)

Archived