I know he's gone...

Satan81

but I sure wished Satan could have stayed here. Looks like the Miro of old is back. Too bad it's with NYI. I still have to wonder how he would have done with the new rules here in Buffalo, but i'm sure some of his new energy was the new opportunity and clean slate with his new team.

10 games

7 goals

2 Assists

9 Points

I know it's still early but the new rules are showing us what he can do without all that clutching and grabbing. If he net's 2 more PPG, he'll have more than half his total of PPG for all of the 03/04 season.

How about Alexander Ovechkin? Another 2 goal night for the kid. Unlike Crosby he is not surrounded by talent. Again, a little early but if he keeps it up, he'll take the Calder trophy.

but I sure wished Satan could have stayed here.  Looks like the Miro of old is back.  Too bad it's with NYI. I still have to wonder how he would have done with the new rules here in Buffalo, but i'm sure some of his new energy was the new opportunity and clean slate with his new team. 

10 games

7 goals

2 Assists

9 Points

I know it's still early but the new rules are showing us what he can do without all that clutching and grabbing. If he net's 2 more PPG, he'll have more than half his total of PPG for all of the 03/04 season.

How about Alexander Ovechkin? Another 2 goal night for the kid. Unlike Crosby he is not surrounded by talent.  Again, a little early but if he keeps it up, he'll take the Calder trophy.

Yeah! But he's not beloved.

We have a nice guy in Drury. Who cares if he can't score. He's nice and wins faceoffs. Why would the Sabres want a player who could score. And don't forget? He was a bad bad bad man. :lol:

And don't forget this? The Sabres will sign every big name, big production player next year :lol: That's why they are staying at the Floor of the Cap. They will pounce like a SabreTooth :D and sign all the great players ;)

So! Who cares if Satan scores 50? They are all empty netters and are bad bad bad. Because Satan is a bad bad bad man.

Thank God Chris Drury is taking up the offense slack caused by Miro leaving. What a nice guy. :)

Does anyone know how to spell sarcasim?

Yeah! But he's not beloved.

We have a nice guy in Drury. Who cares if he can't score. He's nice and wins faceoffs. Why would the Sabres want a player who could score. And don't forget? He was a bad bad bad man. :lol:

And don't forget this? The Sabres will sign every big name, big production player next year :lol: That's why they are staying at the Floor of the Cap. They will pounce like a SabreTooth :D and sign all the great players ;)

So! Who cares if Satan scores 50? They are all empty netters and are bad bad bad. Because Satan is a bad bad bad man.

Thank God Chris Drury is taking up the offense slack caused by Miro leaving. What a nice guy. :)

Does anyone know how to spell sarcasim?

lol, you broke my sarcasm detector. :D

seems like every sabre player that leaves our team is reignited or comes into some sort of success.... stu barnes... even mike peca when he first left was enjoying a good bit of success in NYI... and varada even had brief glory... regardless... i think it points the fingure at only one thing... The system... that system is run by Lindy ruff.. leave the ruff system and its like someone is releaseing the chains of your potential... its wierd how that works...

seems like every sabre player that leaves our team is reignited or comes into some sort of success.... stu barnes... even mike peca when he first left was enjoying a good bit of success in NYI... and varada even had brief glory... regardless... i think it points the fingure at only one thing... The system... that system is run by Lindy ruff.. leave the ruff system and its like someone is releaseing the chains of your potential... its wierd how that works...

Peca has done little to justify his 4 mil a year and Varada has become injury prone and never was a scorer.

Peca has done little to justify his 4 mil a year and Varada has become injury prone and never was a scorer.

Injuries have slowed them down alot.

It's tough to see young guys get hurt. I think back to a player like Gord Klusak of the Bruins. He had all the skills but couldn't stay healthy. It was a shame. :(

Injuries have slowed them down alot.

It's tough to see young guys get hurt. I think back to a player like Gord Klusak of the Bruins. He had all the skills but couldn't stay healthy. It was a shame. :(

Dam you sound old. Does that '67 stand for YOB? :)

Satan had a great few years here. i for one am most grateful for that. it was his time to go, and he did. so what we got nothing for him. he wasnt going to resign here just to be traded. we could not have done anything.

We didn't have to re-sign him to get something for him. If we had at least made a qualifying offer, the Islanders would have had to compensate us with a draft pick.

We didn't have to re-sign him to get something for him. If we had at least made a qualifying offer, the Islanders would have had to compensate us with a draft pick.

fair point, but with that ran the risk of having to keep him, as i doubt the islanders would have. i still think it was the best way considering the impossible situation.

Archived