Derek Roy should be called up ASAP!

LabattBlue

I know most of his points are coming on the power play, but considering the Sabres PP is not setting the world on fire, having Campbell, Peter & an extra goalie on the roster while Roy goes crazy in the AHL(20 points in 7 games) is a F***ing joke.

PS It didn't take long for my prediction of Vanek getting in Ruff's doghouse. He only skated three shifts in the first period with Gaustad and Mair. Put Vanek back with Briere and Dumont NOW!!!!!

As much as I like Gaustad and Mair, putting Vanek with them is crazy. I know most people hate it when Lindy starts mucking with the lines but a shakeup was needed after Wednesday.

That being said, I would have opted to mix up the skill players and not just jumble the lines in any old manner. Maybe Vanek, Drury, Afinogenov or something like that. :unsure:

I know most of his points are coming on the power play, but considering the Sabres PP is not setting the world on fire, having Campbell, Peter & an extra goalie on the roster while Roy goes crazy in the AHL(20 points in 7 games) is a F***ing joke.

PS It didn't take long for my prediction of Vanek getting in Ruff's doghouse. He only skated three shifts in the first period with Gaustad and Mair. Put Vanek back with Briere and Dumont NOW!!!!!

agreed to every single point... especailly pulling up roy... but he must be paired with the RIGHT line mates... not a set of checking forwards... like ... and yes putting him on PP with kotalik and the rest of them is perfect.

agreed, but where do we put him? it may be an idea to sit drury, but a) his our captain and b) he knows he has to score and his trying. but were else, can he play wing? even then, were? i mean as far as Pomiville goes seeing what he does on Drury's side may be an idea (i think putting the chums together has run its course, lets change).

My 2 cents:

1. Vanek's riding the pine because he's not doing anything when he's on the ice.

2. I really like the Connelly-Max-Kotalik line and wouldn't break it up. That line is highly skilled and exciting.

3. We are not going to bench Drury for Vanek or Roy.

4. Not sure whom I'd bench for Roy, but definitely not Gaustadt. He is a cannonball out there and makes something happen on every shift. Mair is working hard too, but I suppose he and Peters are the most vulnerable. I wouldn't be too upset if Grier lost a few shifts.

5. Now that Pyatt is probably concussed, I wouldn't mind giving Roy a whirl.

6. Another skilled forward would be great, but this team really needs another defenseman.

7. Big game on Wednesday.

My 2 cents:

1. Vanek's riding the pine because he's not doing anything when he's on the ice.

2. I really like the Connelly-Max-Kotalik line and wouldn't break it up. That line is highly skilled and exciting.

3. We are not going to bench Drury for Vanek or Roy.

4. Not sure whom I'd bench for Roy, but definitely not Gaustadt. He is a cannonball out there and makes something happen on every shift. Mair is working hard too, but I suppose he and Peters are the most vulnerable. I wouldn't be too upset if Grier lost a few shifts.

5. Now that Pyatt is probably concussed, I wouldn't mind giving Roy a whirl.

6. Another skilled forward would be great, but this team really needs another defenseman.

7. Big game on Wednesday.

i agree with most of your points, but my only wonder is that pyatt (when he does play) plays 4th line, roy would be better in the AHL than on the 4th line. the 2nd line is most likely to be split up, can we fit Drury or Vanek on RW so roy can center it though?

i agree with most of your points, but my only wonder is that pyatt (when he does play) plays 4th line, roy would be better in the AHL than on the 4th line. the 2nd line is most likely to be split up, can we fit Drury or Vanek on RW so roy can center it though?

Don't Pyatt and Vanek sort of share time on Drury's line with Drury and Grier?

Also, how fast is Roy?

In any event, I don't think Roy is going to get promoted up from Rochester straight to the 2nd line. If he does get promoted, it'll probably be for a few shifts, then more if he earns it. Maybe he'll just take Pyatt's spot, ie alternate shifts with Vanek on the Drury line.

I wouldn't mind seeing Drury-Vanek-Roy together for a few shifts, as it seems like the high-skill players can really make each other more productive. However I think Lindy likes the Drury-Grier line as a checking line against the other team's top scoring line, which would go away with Drury-Vanek-Roy.

I think the most likely scenario is that Mair gets more shifts, because he's Lindy's kind of player, and Roy and Vanek share the miscellaneous extra shifts until one of them earns regular ice time via production.

Don't Pyatt and Vanek sort of share time on Drury's line with Drury and Grier?

Also, how fast is Roy?

In any event, I don't think Roy is going to get promoted up from Rochester straight to the 2nd line. If he does get promoted, it'll probably be for a few shifts, then more if he earns it. Maybe he'll just take Pyatt's spot, ie alternate shifts with Vanek on the Drury line.

I wouldn't mind seeing Drury-Vanek-Roy together for a few shifts, as it seems like the high-skill players can really make each other more productive. However I think Lindy likes the Drury-Grier line as a checking line against the other team's top scoring line, which would go away with Drury-Vanek-Roy.

I think the most likely scenario is that Mair gets more shifts, because he's Lindy's kind of player, and Roy and Vanek share the miscellaneous extra shifts until one of them earns regular ice time via production.

Drury and grier are good mates, the only reason they are together. they did work well together when Grier first arrived, but now neither is really scoring (though grier isnt really here to score).

Roy is fast, a good speed for the new NHL. the problem with having Drury vanek and Roy on the same line is that you have two centers, one of which can switch to LW, and a native LW. err doesnt really fit.

pyatt is a 4th liner, i dont think he plays anything more. his only proven good enough to be a 4th line LW. Roy did well on the 3rd line last year, but unless we break up one of our effective lines, and scratch connelly (which his play doesnt really deserve), there isnt really a space for him. in time there will be, but now there isnt.

Archived