Sabres Lines

Taro T

I did not get a chance to see much of the 1st 2 periods but went to the Caps game and saw the 3rd tonight. Did anyone else notice that when Lindy left the checking line (2nd line) alone in the 3rd period, the team played a lot better than when he tried to put a "scorer" on the 2nd line.

It seems to me that the biggest difference between the 1st & 3rd lines and the 2nd line, is that while the 2nd line guys are fast (ok, maybe not Grier, but Drury is fast and Hecht has very good speed as well) the 1st and 3rd lines are filled with VERY fast guys. It seems to be a mismatch to mix Drury's line onto the 1st & 3rd lines. The players didn't ever develop a flow to the game against the Caps and from what I could tell from announcers description of the 1st two periods, they couldn't tonight as well until they went back closer to the normal lines.

I know Lindy likes to mix his lines (and play head games with some players) (his mentor was Bowman and NOBODY did either better than Bowman; Keenan messed with guys heads as much as Bowman but with much poorer results), but he really needs to keep the Drury line intact.

If Lindy keeps the Drury line together, I expect to see a much better performance tomorrow night. I don't know whether it will be a W or an L, but the effort should be better.

Also, probable good news for Buffalo, Mr. Streak Scorer himself ended his scoring streak last night. Let's hope we see game 2 of the Zero Satan we've grown accustomed to.

Archived