Forwards: Grow Some Balls

WNYHOCKEY

For the salaries these players make, is it to hard to ask someone to grow some balls and go to the net??? Ever since I played youth hockey I was always told to "go to the net". Good things happen when a forward goes to the net (ie: rebounds, deflections, screening, etc....) Some Sabres need to take some hits for the team and park themselves right at the net and fight like it's the finals.

And one more thing, for the love of God, will they PLEASE get rid of Connolly and Pyatt!!!!

I'm not JUST talking about lastnights game against NJ, I'm referring to the whole season and the past seasons. Yes, this season is still young, however, Connelly has accomplished absolutely nothing and makes too many amature mistakes to be getting so much ice time.

Aside from that, am I the only one that's making the observation that the Sabres hardly have someone go to the net??????

....and no comments on Pyatt either.....why am I not surprised :P

I'm not JUST talking about lastnights game against NJ, I'm referring to the whole season and the past seasons. Yes, this season is still young, however, Connelly has accomplished absolutely nothing and makes too many amature mistakes to be getting so much ice time.

Aside from that, am I the only one that's making the observation that the Sabres hardly have someone go to the net??????

As far as Pyatt goes, I'm keeping it "positive". So when you don't have anything nice to say... :P

Talking about Connolly and Pyatt becomes pointless. They will continue to be Sabres and make alot of money while Regier is allowed to be GM. He will not admit the Peca mistake and these players will get every chance. The only reason Roy is in the ROC is that he was not part of the Peca trade. Players like Gaustad and Kotilck will sit before those two.

Talking about Connolly and Pyatt becomes pointless. They will continue to be Sabres and make alot of money while Regier is allowed to be GM. He will not admit the Peca mistake and these players will get every chance. The only reason Roy is in the ROC is that he was not part of the Peca trade. Players like Gaustad and Kotilck will sit before those two.

Your spelling of Kotilck is very close to Kontlick. :rolleyes: :lol:

Connolly has not played bad this season. He hasn't played stellar, but to this point, there are only 2 Sabres that have played EXTREMELY well - Briere and McKee.

Connolly has played VERY bad in the past. That was over 2 years ago. You can hate him for that if you want, or you can accept that he is a Sabre for now and not playing poorly. I would like to see, and also would not be surprised to see, him traded at some point this season, but do not expect to see a trade happen until the trade deadline. He is one of those low to mid level value assets that Darcy seems to do a good job of trading for something better.

As for not commenting on Pyatt, I had nothing to comment on. I only saw the 3rd period. Pyatt had only 1 or 2 shifts that period. He didn't make anything good happen, but he didn't do anything bad on those 2 shifts. He played decent the 1st 2 games and I didn't notice him much the next few. He stunk against the Rangers and I posted that he did. Lindy apparently agreed with me, as Pyatt was benched vs. the Caps.

Talking about Connolly and Pyatt becomes pointless.

Agreed.

They will continue to be Sabres and make alot of money while Regier is allowed to be GM. He will not admit the Peca mistake and these players will get every chance.

I do not fully agree with this. I expect to see Connolly (and if he has any value at that time, Pyatt as well) traded at the trade deadline.

The only reason Roy is in the ROC is that he was not part of the Peca trade.

No, the reason he is in Rachacha is that he can be there. It makes no sense to have him on the 4th line or worse, playing Andrew Peters role in the pressbox. No one else that might have been sent down could have been without being subjected to waivers. He will be in Buffalo when the injury bug strikes. If the Sabres stay healthy, he will be back if they have an extended losing streak (4+ games) or when Connolly is traded or plays himself out of the lineup. Connolly has not played himself out of the lineup to this point.

Players like Gaustad and Kotilck will sit before those two.

I can't remember, which one was in the press box against the Caps. Was it Gaustad or Kotalik? :huh: (Where's the : d'oh : smiley when you really need it? ;) )

Archived