sabres now in last place-2pts out of 1st!

blugold43

i realize i risk being crowned "master of the obvious" for even bringing this up, but good grief! the bruins have beaten toronto, now have 12 points also. i realize we've only played 10% of the season, but it looks like it's going to be a bloodbath this year. too many more games like last night and we'll struggling for the 8 seed.

i realize i risk being crowned "master of the obvious" for even bringing this up, but good grief! the bruins have beaten toronto, now have 12 points also. i realize we've only played 10% of the season, but it looks like it's going to be a bloodbath this year. too many more games like last night and we'll struggling for the 8 seed.

And eight games against each?

This divison is really strong and close, which is why i am disappointed so much in the washington loss.

I know this is a bone head comment, but next 3 games might tell the story on how our season will go.... 2 on the road, then home vs. Ottawa. We get 0 or even 1 point in next 3, it'd be very bad for the standings, and a real killer for the club, esspicially playing a home and home next weekend vs. Montreal.

Really tuff next 5 games, feels like March and seems like a playoff push of 2003 all over again......

This divison is really strong and close, which is why i am disappointed so much in the washington loss.

I know this is a bone head comment, but next 3 games might tell the story on how our season will go.... 2 on the road, then home vs. Ottawa. We get 0 or even 1 point in next 3, it'd be very bad for the standings, and a real killer for the club, esspicially playing a home and home next weekend vs. Montreal.

Really tuff next 5 games, feels like March and seems like a playoff push of 2003 all over again......

i could see 2 points out of montreal... perhaps 1 point out of ottawa IF they take a night off... they have two many guns to beat in a shoot out even if they did push them past OT which probably won't happen... but lets look on the bright side... a potential 3 points of 6... its 50% but better then nothing... IF ottawa takes a night off... we shall see... or if they start Emry

I fully expect the Sabres to get at least a split out of their metro NY road trip, possibly a sweep. Not sure yet what to expect from the Ottawa game. Dom has had at least 1 poor effort back in the Marina since he left town. Maybe he can do it again.

I also expect at least 3 teams from the division to make the playoffs, possibly 4. I still think injuries can reek havoc with Toronto's chances (and I thought that BEFORE Sundin went down on opening night).

Dom has had at least 1 poor effort back in the Marina since he left town. Maybe he can do it again.

He has only played twice.....

5-1 loss when he was with Detriot in 2002

And the win with Ottawa this past pre-season, and he looked good that game too.

If the crowd is a sellout, all pro Buffalo, i could see us whipping him again. However, there's gonna be like 14-15000 fans, alot Ottawa, so i expect him to do very well with little pressure on him. Plus, he has an amazing team infront of him.

He has only played twice.....

5-1 loss when he was with Detriot in 2002

And the win with Ottawa this past pre-season, and he looked good that game too.

If the crowd is a sellout, all pro Buffalo, i could see us whipping him again. However, there's gonna be like 14-15000 fans, alot Ottawa, so i expect him to do very well with little pressure on him. Plus, he has an amazing team infront of him.

I disagree about having a lot of pro Ottawa fans at the rink. It's ballpark a 6 hour drive down on a weeknight and this isn't like Montreal or Toronto that have an extensive following in Canada outside their local markets.

He absolutely has an amazing team in front of him. He also had a "decent" team in front of him in '02 when he dove out of the net and gave Gratton a completely open net to shoot on. I know Gratton is bad, but come on, a completely open net? Heck, even my weak wrist shot could have scored on that.

i still think we're one of the better teams in the EC and we can do really well if we play up to the standard we've palyed most of this season.

exactly... every team has a couple bad games per season. As long as the washington game doesn't start a trend, I won't be too bent out of shape over it. Heck, its the end of october, and this team hasn't had a "losing streak" yet. pretty good, eh?

Archived