Why Py?

Allan in MD

Why is Pyatt still on this team?  When you have potential contributors like Roy and Pominville at Rochester, why is this stiff still occupying roster space?  "Potential upside" is self-delusion with respect to stiffs such as Pyatt.  Anybody ever hear of Chris Gratton?

Pyatt isn't worthy of tying Gratton's skates.

And that says a helluva lot more about Pyatt than Gratton B-)

I don't know what kind of impact, if any Pominville would have playing on the 4th line with Adam Mair and Paul Guastad. I don't think he'd do any worse and he has a pretty nice shot, so, maybe it'd work better in the offensive zone when Guastad and Mair go into the corners, but, Pyatt is not a bad defensive player and he does go into the corners to battle for the puck. I'd like to see maybe a Tim Connolly play on that line, and bring up Derek Roy to play with Kotalik and Max.

I don't know what kind of impact, if any Pominville would have playing on the 4th line with Adam Mair and Paul Guastad. I don't think he'd do any worse and he has a pretty nice shot, so, maybe it'd work better in the offensive zone when Guastad and Mair go into the corners, but, Pyatt is not a bad defensive player and he does go into the corners to battle for the puck. I'd like to see maybe a Tim Connolly play on that line, and bring up Derek Roy to play with Kotalik and Max.

I'm not sure if Mair fits in the new NHL?

I know i'm the only who thinks this. As a hockey fan, I am insulted that Andrew Peters plays in the NHL and Roy is in Rochester.

Peters is a drug enhanced scrub. There is no place for him in the NHL anymore. I've known guys who use all type of drugs and the one common thread they all had. Take what they admit to and kick it up one. If Peters admits to Andro you know he took or could still be taking much worse. Either way he is a hockey fraud and an insult to us all.

And speaking of insults?

6 games for Bolton? Really? That is such crap. Why would he be allowed to ever skate during an NHL game? What will it take to remove this garbage from the NHL. The hockey has been great so far this season. Don't let the Boultons and the Peters of the world drag it back down.

I'm not sure if Mair fits in the new NHL?

I know i'm the only who thinks this. As a hockey fan, I am insulted that Andrew Peters plays in the NHL and Roy is in Rochester.

Peters is a drug enhanced scrub. There is no place for him in the NHL anymore. I've known guys who use all type of drugs and the one common thread they all had. Take what they admit to and kick it up one. If Peters admits to Andro you know he took or could still be taking much worse. Either way he is a hockey fraud and an insult to us all.

And speaking of insults?

6 games for Bolton? Really? That is such crap. Why would he be allowed to ever skate during an NHL game? What will it take to remove this garbage from the NHL. The hockey has been great so far this season. Don't let the Boultons and the Peters of the world drag it back down.

I think Mair fits in currently, but I hope that he doesn't in the next couple of years. Nothing against him personally, as I actually like him and like the effort he brings to the game. If the league does seriously maintain the crackdown on obstruction, anybody that can't skate like the wind will not be long for this league. (Although I think he has pretty good speed for a grinder.)

As for Roy, as soon as he will get a chance on one of the top 3 lines, I want him in Buffalo. Until Lindy is ready to give him (and Pominville for that matter) the chance, I'd rather have him playing a regular shift in Rochester, improving his game, than sitting on the bench on the 4th line or in the press box. Let someone like Peters sit in the press box.

As for Boulton, he really must be a cement head. The guy is the fastest goon I have ever seen play. If he had ANY inkling of ANY hockey skills at all, he'd be able to stay in the league for a long time as a 3rd or 4th liner. He just simply doesn't exhibit any at all.

I think Mair fits in currently, but I hope that he doesn't in the next couple of years. Nothing against him personally, as I actually like him and like the effort he brings to the game. If the league does seriously maintain the crackdown on obstruction, anybody that can't skate like the wind will not be long for this league. (Although I think he has pretty good speed for a grinder.)

How does the song go?

"And what a wonderful world it would be." :D

me too... may have something with Roy being a center though... that maybe why he's been sent down... but who is our 4th line center anyway? even just having Roy on the bench or locker room could help with moral... ya never know... god knows peters is just hangin on by a thread... i see him play maybe 2 shifts a night... if lucky.

me too... may have something with Roy being a center though... that maybe why he's been sent down... but who is our 4th line center anyway? even just having Roy on the bench or locker room could help with moral... ya never know... god knows peters is just hangin on by a thread... i see him play maybe 2 shifts a night... if lucky.

The reason Roy is in Rochester right now is the Sabres centers are Briere, Drury, Connolly, and Gaustad. I know there are a lot of people that wanted to see him in Buffalo over Connolly, but for whatever reason, that is not going to happen. Roy has been fantastic in Rochester, but Connolly has not played like Connolly yet this season. I didn't see any of the preseason games, so I don't know if Connolly beat him out legitimately or not (but the D&C had an article about him being sent down where Roy himself said he didn't earn the spot on the Sabres IIRC), but Connolly has not done anything to this point to play himself out of a lineup spot IMHO. I would not pull any of the other centers out of the lineup right now.

They are not going to bring Roy up just to have him sit on the bench. The kid is only 22. Let him build his game to a point that the team is forced to bring him up (he's close to that point now, let him get there).

I disagree about him being on the bench helping with morale. Could you please explain what you meant by that? I don't see how a 22 year old sitting in the locker room fires up Teppo Numminen or even JP Dumont for that matter.

You are right about Peters hanging on by a thread, but his sitting in the press box is not costing the team much in $ nor in wasted potential. Roy sitting in the press box won't cost the Sabres much in $ but could cost them a lot in wasted potential.

Peters and roy play different roles. cant really compare the two. in my opinion i'd prefer roy over connelly, but connelly hasnt played bad enough to sit out really. Benching connelly for a couple of games and playing Roy may be useful, but how does that affect his waiver status? i dont think it does.

Peters and roy play different roles. cant really compare the two. in my opinion i'd prefer roy over connelly, but connelly hasnt played bad enough to sit out really. Benching connelly for a couple of games and playing Roy may be useful, but how does that affect his waiver status? i dont think it does.

What role does Peters have?

Skating around useless for 3 minutes a game. They might as well let fans take a shift or two a game. That would be a great promotion.

I'm more bothered by Drury's play this season than Connolly's. I don't expect anything from Connolly so I can't be let down. I did expect more from Drury. I think maybe the player from the Rep doesn't exsist.

What role does Peters have?

Skating around useless for 3 minutes a game. They might as well let fans take a shift or two a game. That would be a great promotion.

I'm more bothered by Drury's play this season than Connolly's. I don't expect anything from Connolly so I can't be let down. I did expect more from Drury. I think maybe the player from the Rep doesn't exsist.

Peters is a goon, Roy is a skilled center. the two roles are different, its pointless comparing them.

oh and whether your bothered by drurys more or not is irrelevant, we can replace connelly with roy, theres no minor league replacement for Drury

Peters is a goon, Roy is a skilled center. the two roles are different, its pointless comparing them.

Based on the fact that he's seen 1:21 worth of ice time, I think it's a valid question to ask why he's on the roster. Another person that comes to mind is Noronen, but there's a little more reason behind that one.

Archived