Lousy Ice in Rochester

BMWR100RT

One thing I noticed was the soft ice. The Sabres Logo was on the ice, with the "thank you fans" display. At the start of both the 2nd and third period, there was standing water on the ice. If it looked like Afinagenov was the only one playing a speed game, it was because he skated the puck out himself. Passing wasn't working, as the ice was so soft the puck spent most of the night on edge.

My seats were close to the ice, and there was none of that wonderful "shhh....shhh" sound you get from nice hard ice. Most of the time, when you watch a Zamboni, the fresh water is frozen by the next pass around. not so last night. It was wet for a good ten minutes after the Zamboni.

I feel like I got ripped off. No marketing on the part of the Sabres. There is very little coverage of the Sabres in the local paper. So who knew of the game? I didn't want to sit there in a 2/3 full stadium watching a lack-luster effort. But even worse was that some have reported the lack of noise made by the crowd. Truth be told, most sporting events I come home hoarse from. I don't think I cheered until there was about 4 minutes left in the game, because that was the only time the Sabres put up an effort. And those boys want me to drive to Buffalo to see that?

I paid my 77 bucks for a ticket, bought 15 bucks worth of beer, and a really nice 18 dollar sabres cap. We deserve effort.

I'll always be a die hard fan, but today I am on edge.

Steve

One thing I noticed was the soft ice. The Sabres Logo was on the ice, with the "thank you fans" display. At the start of both the 2nd and third period, there was standing water on the ice. If it looked like Afinagenov was the only one playing a speed game, it was because he skated the puck out himself. Passing wasn't working, as the ice was so soft the puck spent most of the night on edge.

My seats were close to the ice, and there was none of that wonderful "shhh....shhh" sound you get from nice hard ice. Most of the time, when you watch a Zamboni, the fresh water is frozen by the next pass around. not so last night. It was wet for a good ten minutes after the Zamboni.

I feel like I got ripped off. No marketing on the part of the Sabres. There is very little coverage of the Sabres in the local paper. So who knew of the game? I didn't want to sit there in a 2/3 full stadium watching a lack-luster effort. But even worse was that some have reported the lack of noise made by the crowd. Truth be told, most sporting events I come home hoarse from. I don't think I cheered until there was about 4 minutes left in the game, because that was the only time the Sabres put up an effort. And those boys want me to drive to Buffalo to see that?

I paid my 77 bucks for a ticket, bought 15 bucks worth of beer, and a really nice 18 dollar sabres cap. We deserve effort.

I'll always be a die hard fan, but today I am on edge.

Steve

problem is that you don't really pay for effort... you pay for them to be there... effort is optional... if they want to do... then yea they'll put in an effort... its hard to police really... its not like you can take there paycheque away for not putting in an effort... and you cant really fire em cuze its all we got...

Plain and simple, the Sabres didn't show up until the last 5 min of the game. Typical Sabres, we can beat the best teams, but loose to the worst. I've never been so ticked off at the team before. Wednesday night's game left me so upset with the team for not being aggressive and for just skating like a bunch of figure skaters out there.

Another thing that I can not comprehend is why people are blaming the loss to the lack of fans at the game. I've been hearing alot from fans putting the blame on the small crowd. Basically saying that they lost because there were no fans there to cheer them on. So to all those people saying this, are you telling me that they will therefore loose all their away games too?????. Because I can asure you that there will not be a good "hometown" crowd at many of the away games!!!!! Don't forget, I was there to watch them, not them watch me.

You can't blame the fans, the poor ice conditions, the city, or any of the media, it all boils down to the Sabres didn't show up to play 60 minutes of hockey.

I'm extremely dissapointed with my Sabres.

Holy cow why are people treating this loss like they didn't show up for Game 7 of the Cup finals or something? It was a bad game in late October ... why are so many on this board overreacting to it?

Nothing has changed after this game, just like nothing changed just because they started 5-1 ... they were not real Cup contender at that point and they are NOT the worst team in the league with 12 guys who should immediately be benched, waived or traded just because they were flat against Washnigton.

On a whole so far, they have been a good team that has a shot to make the playoffs in a very tough division and conference. And yeah, they need to play much better than they did Wednesday night.

They played like crap. It was 2 days ago. Let it go.

Holy cow why are people treating this loss like they didn't show up for Game 7 of the Cup finals or something? It was a bad game in late October ... why are so many on this board overreacting to it?

Nothing has changed after this game, just like nothing changed just because they started 5-1 ... they were not real Cup contender at that point and they are NOT the worst team in the league with 12 guys who should immediately be benched, waived or traded just because they were flat against Washnigton.

On a whole so far, they have been a good team that has a shot to make the playoffs in a very tough division and conference. And yeah, they need to play much better than they did Wednesday night.

They played like crap. It was 2 days ago. Let it go.

Amen.

Archived