OT: Satan scores 7th of the season

Two or less

Just a look on the hockey world on this boring, rainy Tuesday.....

Miro Satan scores the Isles first goal vs. Atlanta, his 7th of the season, and he has scored in 4 stright games now. He is heating up pretty well, i still don't miss him, i'm just letting people know....

Montreal also has a 1-0 lead on Philly.

The game i am really waiting for is Edmonton @ Colorado at 9:30 though!

Gee, there's news. Miro is a streaky goal scorer. The only person that doesn't seem to know this is Miro. :P

He had no goals the 1st 5 games, now he has a 4 game goal scoring streak. He'll end up with at least 40, if not 50, this year if he stays healthy. But still, my only regret about him being gone is that the Sabres had the opportunity to sign and trade him instead of letting him go outright.

Went to the Chicago at Nashville game tonight ... Barnaby started a fight right off the opening draw ... one of six fights on the night (one was really just wrestling and they got double-minors) ... can't remember the last time I saw that many ...

Nashville actually did not play well ... got out-shot by a 2-1 margin but jumped to a big lead with PP goals .... they are good but did not play well tonight ... but they won again.

The crowd was actually kind of annoying. I know I am a traditionalist and the loud music and all annoys me, but I understand that is part of marketing the game I guess ... but these people have all these weird chants ... I can't do them justice on here, but there is one section in the upper deck that starts them, they call it Cell Block 303 ... anyone ever go to a girls high school softball game with the rhyming cheers and chants and crap? it's kinda like that.

But it is a nice building and the sightlines are good.

How did Milan Bartovic look?

I saw he played 10 minutes and didn't get a plus or minus. Did he play any on the penalty kill ?

I saw him play on the 7th in Norfolk. I didn't know he was with the the Admirals until he was standing right in front of me. He looked like he was just going throught the motions. Here is the boxscore.

The crowd was actually kind of annoying. I know I am a traditionalist and the loud music and all annoys me, but I understand that is part of marketing the game I guess ... but these people have all these weird chants ... I can't do them justice on here, but there is one section in the upper deck that starts them, they call it Cell Block 303 ... anyone ever go to a girls high school softball game with the rhyming cheers and chants and crap? it's kinda like that.

But it is a nice building and the sightlines are good.

I've been to many Sabres games where the fans are not into it. Even with a packed house. No passion.

I prefer the cellblock over that any day.

I've been to many Sabres games where the fans are not into it. Even with a packed house. No passion.

I prefer the cellblock over that any day.

To each his own I guess ... if you consider yelling loud only after the PA announcer has to scream "IT'S A PREDATORS POOOOOOOWWWWEEEERRR PLLLLLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!" and doing that goofy "Fang Fingers" thing passion, they have it.

CellBlock 303 did start several spontaneous Let's Go Predators chants, which I love ... you're right, we don't hear the Let's Go Buffalo spontaneously erupt like we used to in the Aud (except maybe in the playoffs, but who can remember that?)

Sorry if I made it sound like I was ripping them, I didn't mean it that way ... I used to hate it when Leafs fans would come to Buffalo with those air horns (do they still allow that?!?) and start with the Go Leafs Go too but it doesn't mean they are not good fans. They LOVE the Preds here, it's not at all like it seems in Carolina where they seem pretty indifferent. It is just a different atmosphere, lots of cheering for the sake of cheering instead of what actually happened on the ice ... as my friend put it, it felt like a college football crowd at times ... after the game they were screaming "EIGHT AND OH!!! EIGHT AND OH!!!" in the hallways... I mean ALL OF THEM, not 10 guys ... as if they had a shot at going 82-0 or something. If they ever start winning playoff series' they will not know what to do with themselves.

Again, didn't mean to make it sound like a bad experience, it is a fun place because the people are into it, it's just a little different.

Archived