Will the Bills dismal play...

VanekDrury

Like Dave says it can't hurt ...

I will say this about the tickets... I was cruising around the Sabres site looking at ticket options for around the holidays, and this variable ticket pricing thing is good and bad ... I mean, in my head, as someone who has bought tickets for games in different arenas in recent seasons, I know that the "Bronze" games are a nice deal. But if I am someone new or someone who has not been to a game since they made the playoffs (four seasons ago if you count the lost season), I can imagine feeling like I am being gauged for the Silver and Gold games ... again, I KNOW that while the prices look high, this is not really the case compared to the rest of the NHL, the Bronze and Value games are just very good deals. But I can TOTALLY understand people shying away from the more expensive games. Other than the Leafs games that will probably sell out anyway, I can see them having much smaller crowds for the Gold and Silver games. If you can get tickets for a game with the Rangers on Nov. 22 for less than HALF of the Nov. 25 game vs. Montreal, which are you going to pick, especially if you are buying 4 for your family or something? I understand weeknight vs weekend, but less than HALF in some price ranges?!? When we are worrying about crowd size, we need to take this into consideration.

Bills matter some, i do agree, but, with the team still trying to prove themselfs to the community, and Regier/ownership still trying to regain trust, attendence will be bouncing back and forth until atleast January IMO.

Of course the Bills losing, helps, because now maybe people will think, instead of paying $40 per ticket for the Bills, the tailgate food/beer costs and instead, be like, maybe i will give the Sabres a chance and they do deserve my attention.

But, IMO, the biggest factor is, if they can keep winning, to show this is no fluke and when signing period begins, Golisano can not be on the cheap side, and show he is commited and re-sign Briere and such stars for long term deals.

I don't think anyone wants to get all into the Sabres and then lose top players to teams because we didn't feel like over paying for his value or some BS like that....

Like Dave says it can't hurt ...

I will say this about the tickets... I was cruising around the Sabres site looking at ticket options for around the holidays, and this variable ticket pricing thing is good and bad ... I mean, in my head, as someone who has bought tickets for games in different arenas in recent seasons, I know that the "Bronze" games are a nice deal. But if I am someone new or someone who has not been to a game since they made the playoffs (four seasons ago if you count the lost season), I can imagine feeling like I am being gauged for the Silver and Gold games ... again, I KNOW that while the prices look high, this is not really the case compared to the rest of the NHL, the Bronze and Value games are just very good deals. But I can TOTALLY understand people shying away from the more expensive games. Other than the Leafs games that will probably sell out anyway, I can see them having much smaller crowds for the Gold and Silver games. If you can get tickets for a game with the Rangers on Nov. 22 for less than HALF of the Nov. 25 game vs. Montreal, which are you going to pick, especially if you are buying 4 for your family or something? I understand weeknight vs weekend, but less than HALF in some price ranges?!? When we are worrying about crowd size, we need to take this into consideration.

That Montreal game is the day after Thanksgiving though. I bet a lot of people in town for the holiday are going to buy tickets. I know I did.

Bills matter some, i do agree, but, with the team still trying to prove themselfs to the community, and Regier/ownership still trying to regain trust, attendence will be bouncing back and forth until atleast January IMO.

Of course the Bills losing, helps, because now maybe people will think, instead of paying $40 per ticket for the Bills, the tailgate food/beer costs and instead, be like, maybe i will give the Sabres a chance and they do deserve my attention.

But, IMO, the biggest factor is, if they can keep winning, to show this is no fluke and when signing period begins, Golisano can not be on the cheap side, and show he is commited and re-sign Briere and such stars for long term deals.

I don't think anyone wants to get all into the Sabres and then lose top players to teams because we didn't feel like over paying for his value or some BS like that....

we must not let this happen again this year... it does every year... if we sell enough tickets there will be money to sign players... but if golisano has to shell from his own pockets too much he'll let the players we need go in favour of staying close or above the redline on the income statement.

Archived