So, did anyone go to the Blue Ice game?

Hawerchuk

How was the HSBC arena with the blue ice and different line colors? I sure would've like to see some pics from it.

How stupid of the NHL not to even attend the game? Don't they know the game needs some changes. Maybe the ice isn't the answer, but they should have at least sent somebody.

Any thoughts from people who went would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep i went and i didn't even notice that much really... i mean it was a bit different but to me the orange lines stood out more. once they play on it for a period or half a period it turns white anyway. not really that effective... i even saw the new nets... while they look better in person then in the pictures there still pretty dumb... change the goalie gear not the nets.

Thanks Sabre61. At least someone on this board is still alive.

I noticed that too from some of the pix that the ice turned white anyway. So it really wasnt that effective. If they want to widen the blue lines, thats fine, but don't change them to orange. The new nets don't really do it for me either. Change the goalie equipment, I agree. I would love to see the new NHL dismiss the two line pass rule too. This would create more breakaways!

Thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DaFan

The NHL was there, and they also taped the game to send so they could monitor it over the TV wires as well as evaluate the nets :) The orange was fine, I think it would have worked great on the goal line for those close calls.

Archived