Probably just coincidence, but ...

BetweenThePipes00

OK, in his "Insiders" blog on ESPN, EJ Hradek said this Sunday i'd post the link but you'd have to pay:

"Miller's arrival has made former No. 1 Martin Biron expendable. At some point, Sabres GM Darcy Regier will deal Biron. Right now, the Oilers seem the most likely trading partner. "

Then tonight I read on tsn.ca that the Oilers sent Conklin down for "conditioning" ... and they called up someone named Mike Morrison from the ECHL to go to Colorado tomorrow as the backup ... Markannen has been better than Conklin but has not been great ... could they ber ready to deal?

If they are going to take Biron, I can't imagine them taking on that salary without giving up an NHL player to keep costs down ...

Interesting ...

A trade between Edmonton and Buffalo was reported all of last week on Edmonton radio, even WGR had something small about it and on many forums on the net.... alot of people said it'd be Biron to Edmonton but Edmonton radio said it would be a 3-team deal, with Biron to Washington, Max to Edmonton, and Semenov and Dvorek to Buffalo.

I doubt any team would pick up Biron's salary without sending some sort of NHL money back to Buffalo in the deal.

wouldnt get much value back tho. i think considering regier's habit for having to win trades (at least on paper) we may be waiting a while before we see any real sign of a trade happening

wouldnt get much value back tho. i think considering regier's habit for having to win trades (at least on paper) we may be waiting a while before we see any real sign of a trade happening

Darcy is a guy that isn't afraid to wait a GM out to try and get maximum return on an asset.

But, I honestly don't know how much longer he'll want to hold onto 3 goalies as the time seems pretty close to right to get maximum value in return.

Plus, it should make the locker room a little bit lighter to finally get the situation cleared up once and for all.

people said it'd be Biron to Edmonton but Edmonton radio said it would be a 3-team deal, with Biron to Washington, Max to Edmonton, and Semenov and Dvorek to Buffalo.

NO.... never why would you trade max the guys just starting to emerge from his shell and he fills seats in the arena... if regier does that... oh there will be hell to pay...

Although i agree with you, i'd like to play devils advocate.

Max is great and i love him, but, truth be told, he is 26 years old, plays on the 3rd line and career high in goals is 21 and has yet to get over 40 points in a season. That is very ugly for stats by a "sniper" winger of his potential/hype..... I think Buffalo fans over value Max.

maybe... but still think of the excitment he brings comin down the wing... if anything to keep him is to keep a few more people in the seats... espcially front row. Albeit an expensive way to keep people in seats but ive got his name on my jersey... that means he can't go anywhere :)

Although i agree with you, i'd like to play devils advocate.

Max is great and i love him, but, truth be told, he is 26 years old, plays on the 3rd line and career high in goals is 21 and has yet to get over 40 points in a season. That is very ugly for stats by a "sniper" winger of his potential/hype..... I think Buffalo fans over value Max.

And this just happens to be the season where scoring is up. His previous stats might not mean that much.

Archived