Jagr?

deluca67

Jagr is off to a great start and the NHL can use all the stars it can muster. But why is he soooooo lazy. If he had the drive of a Gretzky, which he has to have a bit t get to this level, he would be the best player in the game. He just seems not to care when he doesn't have the puck. That drives me crazy. I hate seeing talented players just waste it. :(

I don't think it's that he's lazy so much as he HATES getting touched, much less hit.

I was listening to GR a bit on the ride home. The announcers couldn't understand why everyone in the rink was booing him. They thought it was because he makes a lot of money. It wasn't that (IMHO), it was more a case of him being one of the few stars that can be thrown off his game when he meets a little adversity. (Plus, it's just fun to boo the guy.)

I don't think it's that he's lazy so much as he HATES getting touched, much less hit.

I was listening to GR a bit on the ride home. The announcers couldn't understand why everyone in the rink was booing him. They thought it was because he makes a lot of money. It wasn't that (IMHO), it was more a case of him being one of the few stars that can be thrown off his game when he meets a little adversity. (Plus, it's just fun to boo the guy.)

My brother was at the game and he said that Jagr looked like he was crying after that goal was disallowed in the 3rd. The fans got on him after that.

My brother was at the game and he said that Jagr looked like he was crying after that goal was disallowed in the 3rd.  The fans got on him after that.

I actually thought he might get a delay of game penalty as the faceoff was delayed for about 20 seconds while he discussed matters w/ van Massenhoven.

So what my brother told me was actually true?  He tends to make up stuff like this.

Well, I don't know that Jagr was crying (my seats are WAY too high up to see the whites of their eyes) but he did go on for quite a while arguing the issue.

Also, he had been getting sporadically booed prior to that play.

Archived