So You Think You're Smart, Eh?

PTS

Lets start an "office" pool, winner gets a pat on the back!

1. In what game will Vanek score his first goal?

2. In what game will Drury score his first goal?

3. What game will a goalie other than Miller start?

Tiebreaker: When will the Penguins win a game?

My picks:

1. In what game will Vanek score his first goal? Oct 26 vs Capitals

2. In what game will Drury score his first goal? Oct 29 at Islanders

3. What game will a goalie other than Miller start? Oct 28 at Devils

Tiebreaker: When will the Penguins win a game. Oct 27 vs Thrashers

How about this one.

When will ESPN decide they want to show the NHL again. The "New NHL" is a product they could market. I would be surprised if ESPN didn't have a deal by the playoffs. That is of course if OLN doesn't have an exclusive contract. Any help on that?

i don't know, but i hope the new game really catches on so that espn really takes it up the a$$ for a year or two. i am still pissed they gave up on hockey, and especially pissed that i can't hear some of the best play-by play guys in the business. i think both gary thorne and steve levy do a great job calling hockey...especially thorne. clement and pang are good analysts too. i miss listening to those guys.

as far as the thread topic is concerned, i am sticking my neck out and saying that ALL 3 will happen vs. caps. sometimes it's all about the change of scenery.

1. In what game will Vanek score his first goal?

Wednesday, the 26th against the Caps... we will win 15-1 and Vanek will finish with 7 points. Kolzig plays the entire game.

2. In what game will Drury score his first goal?

See above note. Chris finishes with a goal off a deflection and an even +/- rating.

3. What game will a goalie other than Miller start?

Sat @ NYI

On another note, ESPN will announce a whole new line of marketing for hockey including Reebok's new Street Hockey in which thugs play hockey while touring accross the nation. OLN does not release Bill Clement from his contract and makes him the studio analyst for the Tour de France and the international curling championship.

1. Oct 26 in Rachacha.

2. Nov 5 at Mo-ray-aal.

3. Plan will be to start him Oct 29 at Isles. Ryan plays so well in Oct 28 game, Ruff changes his mind. Marty's 1st start is Nov 9 at home against Carolina.

Tie breaker - Who cares? (Actually Oct 27 at home against Atlanta. They go on a 2 game winning streak on Oct 29 against Carolina.)

i don't know, but i hope the new game really catches on so that espn really takes it up the a$$ for a year or two. i am still pissed they gave up on hockey, and especially pissed that i can't hear some of the best play-by play guys in the business. i think both gary thorne and steve levy do a great job calling hockey...especially thorne. clement and pang are good analysts too. i miss listening to those guys.

as far as the thread topic is concerned, i am sticking my neck out and saying that ALL 3 will happen vs. caps. sometimes it's all about the change of scenery.

I disagree. I find Thorne more annoying than Panger himself. Almost as bad as that schmuck John Davidson on the NYRangers lovefest. Must Gary describe the game like we, the fans, don't know hockey?? He constantly dumbs down the game and comes nowhere close to either Rick and Jim or the guys on HNIC; Harry Neal and Bob Cole. Now those guys know how to call a game. Hands down.

Thorne and Pang can blow themsleves!! They suck! :o

vanek will score soon and score plenty, and marty hopefully will get traded before he starts for us. i'm most concerned about drury, whom i fear is turning into another curtis brown -- solid 2-way player but not great and definitely not worth $3 million per year. hopefully i am wrong about that.

here is my bonus question: which goalie gets traded, and what do we get in return? i'm guessing biron for 2 second round picks.

Go Sabres. at least one of our teams is entertaining and has a promising future.

1. (Vanek) Oct. 26 against Washington.

2. (Drury) Oct. 26 against Washington (this is a mortal lock).

3. (Biron) Oct. 26 against Washington (makes sense to start him "away from home," yet in a familiar building and against a weak team to boot)

Tiebreaker (Pens) Oct. 29 against Carolina.

i'm most concerned about drury, whom i fear is turning into another curtis brown -- solid 2-way player but not great and definitely not worth $3 million per year.

Curtis Brown?

When did Curtis Brown play 21 minutes a game and take all the important faceoffs?

Not even close.

Archived