Most memorable Sabres game

Swedesessed

Well there is no current hockey to speak of, so i figured why not a thread about the greatest Sabres game you ever attended in person, either at the Aud, HSBC, or on the road.

Mine was the 1997 Eastern Confernece Quarterfinals Game 7 vs Ottawa at HSBC....Derek Plante's OT winner! Still gets me pumped!!!!

Yours?

Mine had to be one of last seasons games against the leafs at the HSBC arena. We ended up blowing that game in overtime 6-5 leafs but it was one hell of a game. The place was packed with leaf fans and there was so much intensity, unfortuantly goaltending sucked that night but it was the most fun ive ever had at a hockey game. At one time during that game we were winning 5-2 and fell apart. but it was fun none the less.

04/21/2001: 8-0 W over Flyers in 1st Round

What an amazing game it was. When it comes to the playoffs, Flyers are the team we love to beat the most. This game was phenominal! The goals just kept on coming. Bobby Clark called it the most embarassing defeat in Flyers history.

Flyers eliminated after 8-0 rout by Sabres

If we only had Peca that season ... we would have never blown it against the Pens and went on to the Cup finals against the Avs who we matched up well against.

Good topic.

Lets see here. I got two.

One of the most memorable was when we played BOS in the opening round of the '85 playoffs. Everyone was jammed inside the foyer of the Aud because the gates were not open yet, but it was so cold outside that we crammed in there to stay warm. Pretty soon someone started a chant which grew louder and louder of "Boston Sucks, Boston Sucks!!" Pretty soon everyone was yelling it and the electricity in the air was great. I was only 12 at the time and needless to say the Sabres got their butts wipped (as usual by them in the 80's) but it was so much fun and will never be duplicated again. Man, the AUD was great. Real Homecookin' Hockey!!

2nd would be in the '92 season when Alex and Patty were hooking up like crazy. I can't remember the specific game but Alex had 4 goals and Lalalalafontaine had 1 and 3 assists. Absolutely AWESOME!! I think every game I went to that year Mogilny had a hat trick. He went on to a 76 goal season performance!! WOW!

I was not at MAY DAY live but watched it on TV and that would by far be the best for me if I was there.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably 2001. I live in Dallas so I rarely get to see a Sabres game in person. In 2001 I flew to Buffalo to watch my first Sabres home game. It was great to be with the home crowd for a change and we beat the Flames that night 4-2 I believe.

Archived