Sabres' Kotalik thinking big

Seannie34

"Ales Kotalik aspires to be The Man.

He wants to be the type of player opponents fear. He would like to be the one his coach and teammates can count on in the clutch." The Buffalo News

I dont understand why Lindy doesnt put him out there at the point on power plays. The kid has a strong slapshot and we could use that on the powerplay. Dumont showed us in Boston that he knows how to deflect a puck and if we got a big shot out there something could happen.

I dont understand why Lindy doesnt put him out there at the point on power plays. The kid has a strong slapshot and we could use that on the powerplay. Dumont showed us in Boston that he knows how to deflect a puck and if we got a big shot out there something could happen.

Not just that - two strides into the zone, and he's in range for his wrister.

he may not have confidence in kotaliks ability to effectivly kill off a rush comin the other way. he may want to keep someone more defensivly sound up there... i don't know if connolly is the right guy for that either... but that may be a reason.

If he can be that guy with the big accurate shot from the point and not be a liability defensively, it would be a huge plus, because defensemen like that are so hard to find ...

If anyone is wondering how he shoots it so hard, the guy has HUGE hands ... I met him last season (2003-04) when he was hurt and sitting in the stands at a game in Pittsburgh ... I shook his hand and it felt like I was shaking hands with Shaq ... and I am 6'6", so it's not often my hands are dwarfed by someone ...

This is not a knock on Ales, it's a knock on the idiots that pick 3 stars. Ales was voted the 2nd star tonight because he scored a pp goal.

He also was on the ice for the follow up goal, and singlehandedly killed one powerplay with his inability to keep the puck on his stick (lost it about 3 times) in the 2nd. He could not handle the puck at all in the 2nd. He then tripped over the blue line in the 3rd. He did pick his game up in the last 5 minutes, but I was VERY disappointed in his play between his goal and the last 5 minutes.

What in the world were the voters thinking?

he did seem to taper off there after his goal... maybe he thought one was enough and it was time for everyone else to start trying as hard as him so he could layback... when he realised no one was going to do that he decided to get his ass in gear again... i think it was just an overall bad night for the whole team... just sloppy every which way out there.

Drury needs to start getting his game back together, and fast.

I know there's a lot more to him than points, but at 3 mill. bucks a year, he needs to be producing more than 2 points in 9 games, no matter how you slice it.

as much as i like him, your right. his our highest paid player i think.

Please let the Kotalik playing the point on the power play experiment end. He couldn't even pass to the other point during the power play. He may have the best shot on the sabres but the ability to make even the simplest of passes is a much greater need back their. :angry:

Archived