Enough is Enough!

deluca67

That should be Eric Boulton's last shift ever in the NHL.

The fact that he wears an NHL jersey and a player like Derick Roy is in the minors is an insult to every NHL fan.

I like physical hockey. What he did was crap. That was a cowards move. The NHL has lost enough players to concusions. It's time to end it and end it now.

This is what I propose :

If a player from a team is deemed (by an arbitrator) to intentionally injure a player from another team. The offending players team will have the remainder of the injured players contract count towards their salary cap. No matter the amount or length of the contract.

Cheap crap like that would stop today.

Your thoughts?

yea big time or hand out bigger penalties...

I Propose... straight 2 min powerplays... by that i mean if the opposing team scores a goal on the other team then the powerplay continues regardless... that way a team with a good powerplay can keep banging em in... you know what happens to the player who caused the penalty or cheap shot... BENCH! thus weeding out all the unskilled and cheapshot artists in the league... if there being benched for taking penalties that cost the team 5 goals then they can't possibly be playing can they ;) . is it sound or ridicilous?

oh and to add to that... players who take good penalties or ones that are for a good reason probably wouldn't be benched by the coach... but for a dumb penalty that costs the team big... they'd be gone... well they would if i was coach anyway.

I can take or leave Melrose, but he made a great point on Sportscenter ... Boulton had four minutes of ice time and he gets sent out there at the end of a 6-0 game ... what do you think he was sent out for? To spark a rally? Melrose said when stuff like that happens, the coach should also be fined and suspended ... then maybe they will think twice about tapping the moron on the shoulder ... suspending the player, even for the season, is not enough. What happens when the Thrashers are battling the Sabres for the last playoff spot and there are 3 minutes left in a 6-2 game or something and he sends Boulton out there to take a shot at Briere ... who cares if they lose Boulton for the last 15 games of the season if he can take out Briere? They lose nothing, Boulton can be relaced by a guy from the ECHL. Fine and suspend the coach too, especially in a garbage-time situation.

i like that... the coach should also be held accountable. he's the one sending them out there... but i gotta say that was one hell of a hit... like never before lol... still a damn cheapshot but when i saw that on the highlight... holy mackrol... you could probably here that one a block outside the arena.

This is what I propose :

If a player from a team is deemed (by an arbitrator) to intentionally injure a player from another team. The offending players team will have the remainder of the injured players contract count towards their salary cap. No matter the amount or length of the contract.

Cheap crap like that would stop today.

Your thoughts?

I think your suggestion would stop it in a hurry. Great idea...

The thing Melrose suggested is fine, but if the team that originated the cheap shot had to cut people to stay under the cap, there'd be as much damage done to the team the goon played for. And that cap hit would be as long as the the player hurt took to heal.

Reminded me a litttle too much of the Frankie Leroux hit that basically ended Patty's career ... oh yeah, no penalty called on that one ... just like there was no penalty called when Macoun caved in his face with a slash ... unbelievable ... what's my point? I have no idea. :blink:

It was Patty I was thinking about...

Speaking of the rough stuff, Laroque just brutalized Brad May in the Avs-Oilers game ... May got up laughing and yapping, but he didn't come close to landing a punch ...

May breaks my heart. This is a kid who was tough, maybe the best fighter Buffalo ever had, and could play a regular shift. Injuries slowed him down and made him a one trick pony.

Anyone remeber the fight in Winnepeg? He hit Jim Kite with one punch and Kite was helped to the bench skating like Jerry Lewis as the Wacky Professor. B-)

May breaks my heart. This is a kid who was tough, maybe the best fighter Buffalo ever had, and could play a regular shift. Injuries slowed him down and made him a one trick pony.

Anyone remeber the fight in Winnepeg? He hit Jim Kite with one punch and Kite was helped to the bench skating like Jerry Lewis as the Wacky Professor. B-)

Brad May was the ONLY tough Sabre that I could not stand. The guy was and still is a cheap shot artist. How many times did May get in a fight with another guy and instead of throwing a punch while the guy is standing would wrestle him to the ice and THEN start to throw punches when the guy was down.

Cheap shots and no class. Anyone remember him breaking his thumb punching Ulfie in the head from behind. He tried to cold him and instead broke his thumb.

Is anyone surprised that Brad May was the only player besides Bertuzzi named in Steve Moore's lawsuit?

As for the BEST fighter Buffalo ever had. #11. 2 fights, 2 opponent's broken noses.

EDIT: I love your idea about injuries and the salary cap. It would clean the game up in a heart beat.

I don't mind the game being tough, but the Thrashers organisation should be disciplined for the Boulton offense, as well as the player.

Like it's already been pointed out, you don't send out a Boulton-like player when you're down 6-0, without the intent to hurt someone, or at the very least deliver a cheap shot.

Clean hits, I'm all for - Cheap shots do not belong in any league, and neither do players of Boulton's "talent".

Archived