Pyatt?

deluca67

I know Pyatt took a dumb penalty when the Sabres were going on the power play last night. But I liked that he responded to an elbow to a teammate. If he did that night in and night out I wouldn't mind him on the team so much.

I said I would give credit where credit is due. Connolly had a good game last night. I think he needs to stay within himself. IMO, if he went to another team where he didn't have the pressure of the 'Peca Trade' always on him he could be a decent third line guy who gets 20 goals and 50 points a season.

Couldn't agree more on Pyatt ... when it happened I told my brother that everyone is down on him because people talked him up as the next Bertuzzi when he came in the deal for Peca, but the fact is he is the biggest forward on the team taking a regular shift and he's taking it on the 4th line with Gaustad and Mair ... that is their role, bang people around, cycle the puck, wear the bad guys down. Granted we have seen flashes in the past of more skill from him than your average banger, but for now that is his role. People need to adjust their expectations. If he embraces this role and does the dirty work every night and throws in a little offense as a bonus, they are a better team for it. If he won't get his nose dirty and pouts about not being on a scoring line, he should be history.

Couldn't agree more on Pyatt ... when it happened I told my brother that everyone is down on him because people talked him up as the next Bertuzzi when he came in the deal for Peca, but the fact is he is the biggest forward on the team taking a regular shift and he's taking it on the 4th line with Gaustad and Mair ... that is their role, bang people around, cycle the puck, wear the bad guys down. Granted we have seen flashes in the past of more skill from him than your average banger, but for now that is his role. People need to adjust their expectations. If he embraces this role and does the dirty work every night and throws in a little offense as a bonus, they are a better team for it. If he won't get his nose dirty and pouts about not being on a scoring line, he should be history.

My biggest beef, and only beef, with Connolly and Pyatt is that they have been protected. Other, more deserving players have lost ice time because of it. I understand the money thing. Sabres can't pay players to sit in the press box. Now that they both have two way deals. If their play slips I expect them to sit. The Sabres can't afford to play politics anymore. They need to win and sell tickets. Have some playoff games and Tommy G will make his profit.

Lindy Ruff played Connolly on the 4th line a little bit in Boston. With Pyatt playing like garbage, does anyone think that maybe they will play Connolly with Guastad and Mair and call up Roy to play with Kotalik and Max?

I like Pyatt's potential, but i don't think he's ever going to get to any level. I remember shortly after we got him, everyone compared him to Todd Bertuzzi. If anyone still thinks that their out of their minds. Pyatt is a waste of money IMO.

Connolly and Kotalik, who were on the "bobble" in the off-season have shown alot of promice in certain times in some games, but Pyatt has shown me nothing, all season. I know it's only 7 games, but still, does this kid want to be a pro hockey player or not? I'm starting to wondering his determination.

Lindy Ruff played Connolly on the 4th line a little bit in Boston. With Pyatt playing like garbage, does anyone think that maybe they will play Connolly with Guastad and Mair and call up Roy to play with Kotalik and Max?

I like Pyatt's potential, but i don't think he's ever going to get to any level. I remember shortly after we got him, everyone compared him to Todd Bertuzzi. If anyone still thinks that their out of their minds. Pyatt is a waste of money IMO.

Connolly and Kotalik, who were on the "bobble" in the off-season have shown alot of promice in certain times in some games, but Pyatt has shown me nothing, all season. I know it's only 7 games, but still, does this kid want to be a pro hockey player or not? I'm starting to wondering his determination.

I don't think that Pyatt has been playing like garbage this season. He hasn't been stellar, but he hasn't been horrible either. He throws a few checks and moves the puck to the front of the net.

Roy will get his chance with the big club, probably after a goalie has gone away and there is an injury. He is showing the Sabres that he is too good for the AHL.

Archived