Attendence for Oct. 22nd

Two or less

Are you sure about that? I don't remember ever being turned away.  Maybe in the 70's.  You're taliking 420+ straight sell outs.

You are correct about it being the 70's. Close to the 420. 359 games - October 15, 1972 - November 12, 1980. (I only got to go to about 10 games during that span, but there were some classics in the bunch.) Plus, you have to remember they also would let people stand at the games in the Aud, so they probably sold 500-1,000 more tickets than the Aud could "hold" back then.

I posted this before. I think there is so much more the Sabres could be doing.

This may sound corny. OK it is corny.

How about giving away 2,500 tickets to single women for a 'Ladies Night'. Single guys would sell out the rest of the tickets. Then you would have a full house spending $7.50 on a beer. Maybe even pass out condoms wrapped like hockey pucks :lol:

HAHA... thats awsome... lets see it happen... i know i want it to... better then those plastic stanley cups we got...

yea im pretty happy with around 16,000 too... i mean for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 3 years i think were doing pretty damn good... attendance has no where to go but up.................... as long as we keep winning.

There was a good discussion about this topic on WGR. Many NHL teams have built arena's that they can't fill. 16,000 is a solid number. I do not know the exact figures, but I could guess that if the Sabres averaged that they would make some money instead of bleeding it.

16,400 tonight. THANK GOD it was a good crowd. I was getting worried no joke. But 16,400 is nice and it looked alot more then that on tv and it seemed the atmoshere was pretty solid. I can rest much easier now.....

And that's 16.400 for a W.

Got a nasty feeling that the Caps game would be played for a lot of empty seats, had they lost.

Sabres are looking good this year, hopefully attendance will reflect that in a few weeks.

Got a nasty feeling that the Caps game would be played for a lot of empty seats, had they lost.

Sabres are looking good this year, hopefully attendance will reflect that in a few weeks.

From what I hear. That rookie is worth the price of admission alone.

Caps game is in Rachacha. Last night's game had/will have minimal effect on attendence for that one. It's the 1 home game this year that the Sabres will play outside of HSBC.

The Ottawa game on Nov 2, that's a different story. Performance may affect attendance. I'm interested in seeing what the attendance will be like for that one. Ottawa is the best team in the east and the game is the 1st "bronze" game.

This IS a hockey town.  The last time the Sabres had a consistantly exciting team, the rink was sold out for about 7 years straight.

The latest Sports Business Journal fan avidity poll ranks Buffalo #3 in the NHL, behind only Detroit and Denver. Other than I think Philly, no other city is even in the same league as the top 3 markets when it comes to local fan interest (I think almost 1/3 of the WNY population watches or goes to at least one game a season, which is statistically huge compared to other markets - and I don't think that includes Southern Ontario). Once football is out of the picture and if the team keeps on performing (and if we don't continue to shed jobs like @ Delphi), we'll start filling the place on a regular basis.

Other than some of the people on this board, I'm the biggest fan I know, but I have yet to get the chance to get to a game this season - that will change for me ASAP, and I assume thousands of other WNYers as the season progresses...

Archived