GAME DISCUSSION (5/30/2006)

Corp000085

I hate to say it but the Sabres are running on fumes. They look exhausted! You can tell by their feeble shots. All they can do is flip the puck at Ward.

The Philly series they pretty much dominated. The Sens series they lost some scoring punch but outhustled Ottawa. In this series, Carolina is taking everything away from them.

Look at the difference when the puck is in the offensive zone. Carolina collapses on the Sabres point men, eventually choking them off the puck. But in the Sabres zone, Buffalo hangs back, letting the 'Canes skate freely as if they were on a power play.

We might win this one, but I am not optimistic about the series.

PTR

hense the greatness of the NHL playoffs...

No argument here... this team should start marketing Sabres-logo Tums and AED defibrillators...would be a huge market for them before Game 7...

Nice to see Weight take a penalty to set up the whole thing...tired of listening to the OLN announcers keep talking about him & Recchi waiving their no-trade clauses for Carolina...

OK, i literally watched that OT like 12 times... GREATEST OT EVER (in the past 10 years though...) Time to play like there's no tomorrow on thursday. Win and they'll have a 3 day break before the finals, lose and they'll have a 3 month vacation before training camp. It's time to light the lamp...

As for game 6, what a friggin game... Chess match through regulation... Then, the battered canes take a desperation penalty and briere lights the lamp on a shot that should have been stopped... Something to think about for thursday! GO SABRES!!