GAME DISCUSSION (5/28/2006)

Corp000085

Sabres at Hurricanes.

7:30 pm

OLN

sabresreport.com/chat

www.wgr550.com

My prediction: We come out and play inspired hockey, lead by the return of teppo numminen. Maxim Afinogenov records 2 goals and an assist, dumont nets the miro moment as the sabres win 4-1 and assume a 3 games to 2 lead heading home...

I think this is another night of introducing the defense to the offense. I predict a slow go. I think we are conditioning for Game 6. That is the line in the sand. We win/lose the series on their ice in Game 7.

I'm back in South Carolina. I'll be going with my uncle's family to their friend's house for a gathering to, among other things, watch the game. I'm wearing my Chris Drury t-shirt which I wore for games 1 and 3 and not for 2 and 4. Let's hope it brings luck again. I think Buffalo scores in the first 5 minutes of the game to set the tone. Let's go Buffalo! I'll idle in the chat, so if you see me, I'm not really there.

"If you see me, I'm not really there." Didn't Yogi Berra say that?

For me, everything points to a win. Don't ask me what things. Just things. Trust me. I only share the specifics of my psychic brilliance with PTS and Fushetti.

Sabres score first and hang on, clinching it with an empty netter. 4-2.

Dejection has turned to defiance for me. They are NOT going to lose.

I'm living down here in Dallas (man, I miss Louie's Red Hots) and I heard a funny phrase from Bill Parcells on the radio once. He said "I don't wanna hear all about how tough the labor and all that stuff was. I wanna see the baby."

I guess as a longtime Sabres fan, I can attest to that statement. I don't wanna hear about how this player is hurt and this one is in a slump. I wanna see the Sabres win a freakin' STANLEY CUP! :angry:

"If you see me, I'm not really there." Didn't Yogi Berra say that?

For me, everything points to a win. Don't ask me what things. Just things. Trust me. I only share the specifics of my psychic brilliance with PTS and Fushetti.

Sabres score first and hang on, clinching it with an empty netter. 4-2.

Dejection has turned to defiance for me. They are NOT going to lose.

PA, I find that very encouraging!!!

EDIT: I am not being sarcastic. You are definately not as optimistic about this team as I am (well at least you weren't in the past), so if you think they can win, they can win!

Good period by the Sabres, this is one game where atleast so far i hope no Buffalo fan complains about the reffing in this one, because from a neutral standpoint they have had a difference making advantage as far as it goes. Back to enjoying more hockey for me

*edit*

Btw, TERRIBLE diving call. Miller's stick was caught in his skate.

i just played my TiVo about 8 times and I still can't even guess what that last penatly was? high-stick on mckee maybe? i honestly can't find anything and i dont' think OLN ever told me.....man, I'm really, really, really starting to hate these asswipes.