Sabres Hall of Fame

Taro T

The Sabres do have a "Hall of Fame". It's members include: Gilbert Perrault, Rick Martin, Rene Robert, Punch Imlach, Fred Hunt, Frank Christie, Tim Horton, Roger Crozier, Don Luce, Craig Ramsay, David Forman, Ted Darling, Danny Gare, and Bob Swados. The info I have is dated, so I assume the 2 Knox brothers are also there.

With the Sabres having their Hall of Fame to honor great players, I would prefer the team publicise this better and add additional players and contributors to the hall rather than retire more sweaters.

Swados is. I found a list I believe to be current. In addition to the names you mentioned the members are:Danny Gare, Jack Gatecliff, and Jim Schoenfeld.

Maybe if I read what I wrote I'd know that Swados was in. My list didn't have Gatecliff and I forgot to include Schoney.

Thanks for the update.

It's a d*mn shame that noone appears to have been added to the list since the criminals took over. It doesn't seem to make any sense to have Patty's # retired and him in the NHL HoF and not in the Sabres' HoF.

Wow, why? Just curious ... so many more contributed so much less ;) But to each his own.

I realize it is a ridiculous pesrsonal bias. I was a young kid when we got him from the Kings. He was supposed to be the second coming and get us over the hump. While I'll admit he was more than serviceable, it seems every time I saw him, play he made the glaring, bonehead play which cost us dearly in that particular game. He was so big that every thing he did was magnified and I saw virtually every magnified error. I also thought he was not as physical as someone his size should have been, although that may well be my clouded, jaded memory.

Wait ... do you mean when we first got him in 1974 (actually from Vancouver)? Or when we got him back from LA in 1983? Because he was way past his prime in 83, I agree ... but his first go round he was decent, although I was just a little kid at the time also so ...

I am talking about '74 - I thought he came from the Kings - my bad.

Archived