GAME DISCUSSION (5/26/2006)

Corp000085

Carolina at Buffalo, 7:30pm TV: OLN, Radio: 550AM, Streaming audio, SabresReport Chat.

Time to light the lamp. You know, i was scared horribly before this afternoon... I was the eternal optimist in my threads over the past 48 hours, but deep down, i was scared. Now that its gametime, i truly feel confident that the sabres will win tonight. They have nothing to lose. They've been written off due to tallinder's injury. Carolina will play hard, but they will be tight, knowing that the next goal kills the sabres. Miller needs to stand tall. If he can stand tall and we happen to get a lead in the 1st period, goodnight carolina. All the sabres need is a little confidence tonight, and then its back to business as usual. Drury and Grier will be huge tonight. Mckee will lay the body, and Campbell, yes The Brian Campbell, will finally light the lamp. Buffalo wins 5-1, canes come apart in the 3rd period, and teppo comes back sunday to insert the dagger. Eternal optimist? Sure... Is that a realistic outlook? Sure... Just remember, if you're going to play with fire, you better be ready to dance with the devil. GO SABRES!!!

Ruff will have his boys ready. He'll give them the speech on how everyone expects them to fold their tents due to another injury.

The Canes still think (like all the others before) that it's just a matter of time before they win.

Buffalo will come out and rally around each other. Miller needs to be the main man. If he is, we will be fine. Nothing like heart!!!!!!

Shoop just reported that "sources" state that gerber will start tonight...

Ouch! any knowledgable hockey fan knows that Gerber is very capable stealing a game/series much like Khabibulin did for Tampa a couple years ago. If we don't get a goal early I'm worried. Until I see how we react to not having Tallinder I feel like this is a road game tonight. I just want to keep it close for 30 minutes and then make our move. I like when Miller sees some rubber early and gets into the groove. This should be a really crazy game. My stomach hurts already for no reason other than nerves.

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!!! NOT TONIGHT!!! NOT EVER!!!

HIT SOMEBODY!!! HIT ANYBODY!!!

RYAN WE NEED YOU TONIGHT! TIME TO EARN THAT GIAGANTIC PAYCHECK COMING YOUR WAY!

That 1st goal showed me why Jillson was not on the big boy team all year. What the he!! was he thinking? Either go out high to block the shot with your body or get the he!! out of the way so Miller can see it coming. To stand there and screen your goalie and make a weak move to kick at the flying puck was horrible.

Shot was tipped - not Jillson's fault.

Forwards - Dumont and Hecht come to mind - are being careless with the puck around our blueline.

1st period in the books, and we have some passengers tonight; kind of reminds me of game 2 - some guys are thinking "we'll win tonight and close it out Sunday" and aren't giving enough effort.

Need some more desperation and faster puck movement on the PP, and we need some guys to get their a$$ moving to start drawing some penalties and get the PP until out there more.

Finally - Max is absolutely killing me - he has completely reverted to early-season, doing-it-all-myself form and is getting acreless with the puck. Lindy needs to settle him down and get him spreading the puck around ASAP.

Seven? I'm afraid I think it'll be over in six, the way this game is panning out.

come on dude - where's the happy face!

look, let's get real here and even with a full team this was not going to be easy. i don't want to use injuries as an excuse, but to plug in a couple of players that haven't been in the pros, let alone the Sabres all year, well sometimes it is just too tough to overcome things. i don't think the guys are playing bad, but this is just a tough situation.

let's not start jumping off the wagon here...who knows, it could end in 6 but it is not time to revert to the way people were talking back at the trade deadline...and once again, even if it does end in 6 these guys have played their balls off all year. but, i'm not even thinking this scenario....yet.

We need to score a few goals and steady the ship. Janek (just broke up a 2 on1) and Jillson haven't been that bad........Our forwards have made some pretty sloppy passes, not the best night to be doing that........ :(

Gerber is standing on jis head right now we have had chances but lapses by the forwards have accounted for 2 goals by cabes.

Ouch! any knowledgable hockey fan knows that Gerber is very capable stealing a game/series much like Khabibulin did for Tampa a couple years ago. If we don't get a goal early I'm worried. Until I see how we react to not having Tallinder I feel like this is a road game tonight. I just want to keep it close for 30 minutes and then make our move. I like when Miller sees some rubber early and gets into the groove. This should be a really crazy game. My stomach hurts already for no reason other than nerves.

Ugh! I hate being right. We look helpless to beat Gerber. Seriously, even his tough saves look easy for him. Miller is not nearly as sharp and he will need to be on Sunday night.

Gerber didn't have to do much in the 2nd - all those "big opportunities" Davidson was talking about were shot right into his his pads & midsection - we apparently can't shoot upstairs tonight.

come on dude - where's the happy face!

look, let's get real here and even with a full team this was not going to be easy. i don't want to use injuries as an excuse, but to plug in a couple of players that haven't been in the pros, let alone the Sabres all year, well sometimes it is just too tough to overcome things. i don't think the guys are playing bad, but this is just a tough situation.

let's not start jumping off the wagon here...who knows, it could end in 6 but it is not time to revert to the way people were talking back at the trade deadline...and once again, even if it does end in 6 these guys have played their balls off all year. but, i'm not even thinking this scenario....yet.

Nobody's jumping off the wagon, far from it.

I'm just disappointed that some forwards are leaving the D hanging, and not skating hard.

I'm particularly disappointed by Max, looks like he lost 3 years of development over night, with his end-to-end, then make a blind between the legs play to somebody who's hopefully, somewhere near where the puck hopefully was supposed to go... I hope.

You know what makes me mad? Not that they lost. Not that they gave up 4, not that they made mistakes in their own end. I am mad that after the 4th goal, they gave up. Who cares what the scoreboard says, put in 100% for a full 60 minutes. I hope the last few minutes doesn't carry over to Sunday.

You know what makes me mad? Not that they lost. Not that they gave up 4, not that they made mistakes in their own end. I am mad that after the 4th goal, they gave up. Who cares what the scoreboard says, put in 100% for a full 60 minutes. I hope the last few minutes doesn't carry over to Sunday.

i actually thought they played hard that whole last shift. that 4th goal was just a kick in the stones....it only could have been worse had it been stillwoman or commodore that got that lucky bounce...