blue ice?

Guest gg

HSBC Arena ice has been painted light blue as the NHL wants to experment in weird ways to win fans. The Amerks will play on blue ice when they come into town.

Note To NHL: To win fans over, first you need to have games.

yeah, alot of this gimmick stuff is for non hockey purists. I definitely think the league needs to revamp some rules (two line pass, tag up offsides, auto icing etc) but if they think tinkering with the ice is gonna do something; I'm not so sure. If it works well with HDTV then it might be worth it because I would get the HDTV along with Center Ice once these idiots get the league back. But please, spare us with the glowing puck nonsense and the flames attached. Its very, very bogus!

I will say this, it might be a bad example but....when I played ESPN NHL Hockey for PS2 with my nephew and we played on the blue ice....it just seemed more pleasant to look at....again perhaps its a bad example, but Im willing to give the blue ice surface a chance.

i'm cool with the blue ice, but they should leave the color of the lines as is.....dark blue blue lines if need be...and a bright red line. what ....am i supposed to call it the orange line now?

Haha sooo true... im gonna have a tough time gettin used to that. but i guess they need some way to clearly differentiate it.

Archived