Outdoor Life Network

buftex

I live in Austin, Texas. For the third time, since the season started, I tuned in to the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) to watch some hockey. They were supposed to be showing the Rangers game. Because it part of the OLN schedule, they didn't have the game on the Center Ice package. As with the last two times, although my Time Warner Digital Cable guide showed the Rangers game (and included a re-run of the game later) the game was not on, and instead, there was some boating show on, the "OLN" logo in the top right corner of the screen. Anyone else having this problem? I was pissed because they didn't show the Sabres/Penguins game last week, and it wasn't on Center Ice either. I am wondering if OLN has different regional programming. Maybe they consider hockey strictly an east coast thing? Anyone have any insight? :angry:

I don't know the details, hopefully someone here will, but Comcast (which owns OLN) has some weird criteria for which providers get to show the NHL on OLN. A local provider needs to have OLN available to x% of its subscribers and at a certain lower tier level (basic, basic +, I'm not sure which) in order for ANY of the subscribers of the local provider receive the games.

Comcast doesn't want OLN on a premium tier so they are playing hardball with the local providers. My guess is that OLN isn't in enough %age of homes yet for Comcast to show the games on OLN there.

Archived