Another strong game by Vanek...

LabattBlue

he'll be big by the end of this season... once you get that first one your next ones are usually alot easier... he'll score don't worry... he's been one of the most solid sabres thus far... him and briere are definatly my two mvp's so far oh toss miller in there too... he's been great.

he'll be big by the  end of this season... once you get that first one your next ones are usually alot easier... he'll score don't worry... he's been one of the most solid sabres thus far... him and briere are definatly my two mvp's so far oh toss miller in there too... he's been great.

I agree. He had problems getting the 1st one in Rochester last year and ended up scoring more than 40 when all was said and done. Once he breaks the seal he'll be fine. Hopefully, the shootout goal he got will help him figure out how to get that 1st real goal.

This is the point were a Bondra or someone with scoring ability could have talked with Vanek and help him through this part before frustration hits.

lol...i don't know if you are trying to bait these guys, but nonetheless, i happen to agree :lol:

lol...i don't know if you are trying to bait these guys, but nonetheless, i happen to agree :lol:

Not at all.

Players like Bondra see the game at a different speed. Hopefully Vanek is one of those players also. I like Vaive but he may be to far removed from the game. Having someone on the bench to point things out to Vanek would be a great help. Vanek has Super Star potential and it must be tough for him not to have anyone on the team who can relate.

yeah and bondra could have also told him about how if you glide around by the red line you might get a breakaway and no one will hit you either ...

In the new NHL thats not a bad plan.

:lol:

And did you know? Bondra only makes $500,000 this season :huh:

Yet Connolly makes $1 million and Pyatt $980,000?

But since Darcey signed them? They must be worth it

In the new NHL thats not a bad plan.

And did you know? Bondra only makes $500,000 this season :huh:

Yet Connolly makes $1 million and Pyatt $980,000?

But since Darcey signed them? They must be worth it

Bondra's going to make well over $500,000 this season.

He signed a deal with a load of incentives that will hit the Thrashers' cap in 06-07.

Bondra's going to make well over $500,000 this season.

He signed a deal with a load of incentives that will hit the Thrashers' cap in 06-07.

Isn't that how contracts should be? What incentive does Connolly or Pyatt have. The're going to be here with a larger contract next season no matter how they play.

Isn't that how contracts should be? What incentive does Connolly or Pyatt have. The're going to be here with a larger contract next season no matter how they play.

yea as long as regier is here then connolly and pyatt are here. nothing can be done about it... shame really... if they play well... it'll work out for us... if they play badly then thats 2 roster spots wasted on nothing when someone of consderable skill could be there.

yea as long as regier is here then connolly and pyatt are here. nothing can be done about it... shame really... if they play well... it'll work out for us... if they play badly then thats 2 roster spots wasted on nothing when someone of consderable skill could be there.

Ruff has penalised Connelly for poor pay, next is a demotion. especially with derek roy 4th in AHL scoring.

He has spectacular moves and puck handling. It just seems like bad luck that he hasn't scored yet.

PTR

Yeah !, and hopefully when that happens the flood gates will just bust open !!!

I so desperately miss having a Sabre light the lamp 50 times plus a season.

Archived