Goalie trade ...

BetweenThePipes00

I'm talking about that combined 1 for 19.  What did the rest of the team look like during that stretch?  I'm willing to bet they all sucked.

From November 1 - December 13, the team went a combined 6-11-2-1 (the team went on to lose their next 2 as well).

DeLuca is absolutely right, Drury did not have good stats. He was a combined 2-7-9 w/ -3 over that span. Miro was a 3-2-5 w/ -8.

Marty was 3-6-2 with a 3.00 goals against average. (Mika actually played very well over that span.)

It was not the Sabres best 45 days.

DeLuca, you were right, Drury had letdowns during '03-'04. I'm not sure why I didn't notice them, my bad.

From November 1 - December 13, the team went a combined 6-11-2-1 (the team went on to lose their next 2 as well).

DeLuca is absolutely right, Drury did not have good stats.  He was a combined 2-7-9 w/ -3 over that span.  Miro was a 3-2-5 w/ -8.

Marty was 3-6-2 with a 3.00 goals against average.  (Mika actually played very well over that span.) 

It was not the Sabres best 45 days.

DeLuca, you were right, Drury had letdowns during '03-'04.  I'm not sure why I didn't notice them, my bad.

It was a long time ago.

It's a sad sign of the times. I hate being caught up into it. If Drury was making less then it wouldn't be such a large deal. But the Sabres are working under a pennies = production economy. Every player they sign or draft pick have to hit for this team to go anywhere. Thier margin of error is zero. It maybe unfair of me to hold Regier to a high standard under this system. But that's the job. He get's paid. He shouldn't be given a pass because the job is hard. If the job is hard it's still up to Quinn to find someone who can not just survive(which Regier has done well) but thrive despite the bad odds(not so well).

Peace :rolleyes:

phoenix were the other team that were gonna get a goalie off of us. this is just pathetic. well all i can say is i hope that it all gets sorted out soon.

from what i can tell it will definatly be to a Western conferance team and it will most likely be Biron, but nothing is garunteed. bloody regier.

Its not like they hate Mika, there are only TWO goalie lockers in the locker room because the lockers have to be larger. Right now Marty is the number 2 and Mika is 3. There is aboslutely no sense in dressing 3 goalies in a night so why would our current number 3 be getting dressed in the locker room?

Its not like they hate Mika, there are only TWO goalie lockers in the locker room because the lockers have to be larger. Right now Marty is the number 2 and Mika is 3. There is aboslutely no sense in dressing 3 goalies in a night so why would our current number 3 be getting dressed in the locker room?

Welcome my fellow guest.

I have learned to not expect logic or common sense on this board.

As long as you take that for granted, you can have a good time here.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the organization cant make any sense of the situation, why should we!

I'm fairly confident that with team(s) desperate for a goalie Darcy will get at least as much as he got for Zhitnik!

Pull the trigger - three goalies is one too many - get something in return, even if it is from a team in the conference.

Ummm, yeah.

I'm sure Mika's attitude would be great to keep around long term after he's been basically shunned so far this season with almost no PT in the pre-season, being moved out of the team's locker room, and getting little practice time to boot.

Besides, Biron's salary will make him very hard to move in all likelihood.

I think the one chance that Biron gets moved is if Pierre Lacroix gets really desperate because Aebischer is really struggling. And Lacroix has been rumored to have coveted Biron in the past.

Guest Guest_guest

please listen to the interview of Lindy's on Sabres.com. He didn't use anyname for the backup goalie, he used "the guy". Lindy usually use players' first name. very interesting.

Archived