GAME DISCUSSION (5/22/2006)

All right, I feel a little better, now lets go out and take care of business...stay out of the box, go back to punishing the Car "D" on the forecheck, and get some pucks on the net and we'll tie it up...LET'S GO BABY!

jesus christ that was ugly. we'll get run right out of this series if they don't get their #%^$#! together. we were dominated in game 1, by the way, in case you forgot.

yeah these injuries are going to #%^$#! us up the ass once and for all if we don't see some herculean performances by the players we have left.

Why do we almost always just dump the puck in and hope to win a race to the puck? Then we end up getting pummeled in the corners where I'm sure our smaller guys are paying the price. Much more often Carolina scates into our zone with clean passes, very few dumps. Is their D really that good that there is no one to pass to, or are we just hoping for some lucky breaks w the dump in's?

At this point, it's looking like all we can hope for is Buffalo to come out strong in Game 3 to get back to an advantage in the series. I hope we can stop any more goals from being scored as I don't want anything getting in Miller's head!

Dump in's when we have a power play just piss me off!

pathetic effort

It was a pathetic effort, but with a pathetic effort tonight AND a bad goal given up by Miller, the Canes win by 1 goal.

Carolina played a very good game on Saturday and still lost by a goal. They absolutely dominated most of this game (far worse than portions of game 1) and still needed a fluke goal and a save by Wesley to win.

I like Buffalo's chances in Games 3 & 4. Especially if Teppo is back.

No d depth is going to kill us.

Their were 10 Defenceman better then Janik and Fitzepatrick.

If you need me to mention them......

This is dissappointing knowing that we have no depth at D and Reiger sat on his ass.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me who moved that day that you wanted to pick up, and who you would have given up for him...

If we don't get either Numminen or Kalinin back soon, Carolina might wear down our D and we could be in big trouble. Not saying Janik or Rory are the problem tonight, just saying Car is going to keep beating up McKee, Lydman, Campbell & co. until they start turning over the puck all over the place.

I'll say it then - Rory is a problem, I must've seen him cough up the puck, be out of position, or get outskated a hundred times tonight. He just isn't good enough for the game at this level.

No d depth is going to kill us.

Their were 10 Defenceman better then Janik and Fitzepatrick.

If you need me to mention them......

This is dissappointing knowing that we have no depth at D and Reiger sat on his ass.

Please list them and who you would have given up to get them...

This game is what it is: an off night. If it was due to the play of the Canes, we're in trouble. However, I seriously doubt it was the Canes that caused the Sabres to have the tough night.

All we need to do is win all our home games...

Let's all chill a little here boys.

We honestly had no business being in this game...we were completely dominated in the 2nd period. Even still, as Dave alluded to before, if Miller doesn't let in that 4th goal, who knows what happens? I'm not saying that we tie the game up, but in my opinion Ryan let in two rather poor goals...neither one of which appeared to be screened from him, though they might have been deflected.

Regardles, we've got our split...and that's the important thing. Let's chill and come back to Buffalo for some home cookin. Hopefully Teppo and TIMMAY! will be back by Game 4, and that's good news. It's now a best of 5, and Buffalo has home ice advantage.

Lindy has talked all season about playing with desperation. Well, we didn't see that tonight. Pretty disappointing. I think everyone was a little too satisfied with just getting a split in Raleigh.

It's also appropriate that we take Carolina very seriously. They are the best counterpunching team we have faced all year. If Miller doesn't get back to 100% sharpness and if the rest of the guys don't play with desperation we are going to lose this series.

NorthernSabre -- it's easy to say we should have gotten another defenseman. Who wouldn't want another McKee instead of Fitzie tonight? But Hopelessly and KnightRider are absolutely right -- you don't get to make that criticism without some specifics to back it up.

This team has been able to pull itself together in the face of adversity all season. I think we can do it again.

Go Sabres.

I thought before the game the score was going to be 4-1, the only problem is that I thought this was the game the Sabres stepped up their play and showed that they can be a dominant team. :(

Not only do they need to win 3 & 4, they need to play strong.

GO SABRES!!

I'll say it then - Rory is a problem, I must've seen him cough up the puck, be out of position, or get outskated a hundred times tonight. He just isn't good enough for the game at this level.

I didn't want to single Rory out, b/c I know he is in over his head...if we can get either Kalinin or Teppo back, we can limit his ice time and limit his liability...also I didn't want to single him out b/c even McKee, Lydman and Campbell struggled at times last night.

I didn't want to single Rory out, b/c I know he is in over his head...if we can get either Kalinin or Teppo back, we can limit his ice time and limit his liability...also I didn't want to single him out b/c even McKee, Lydman and Campbell struggled at times last night.

Campbell cannot handle the minutes of a top 4 defenseman. Increasing his minutes will hurt the Sabres as much as having to play Fitzpatrick or Janik more. Unfortunately, the Sabres can't get by on just playing McKee, Lydman & Tallinder.

Campbell cannot handle the minutes of a top 4 defenseman. Increasing his minutes will hurt the Sabres as much as having to play Fitzpatrick or Janik more. Unfortunately, the Sabres can't get by on just playing McKee, Lydman & Tallinder.

I think you're right about Campbell, we need to see him for what he is - a solid 5/6 guy who will/should make some plays on the PP. we really need to get Teppo or Kalinin back ASAP to take some of the pressure off Lydman, Tallinder & McKee...