Shootout choices

mphs mike

Who was surprised by Lindy's choices? Who would you list, in what order and why.

I think the order depends on whether you are the home or road team. If on the road I want my top pick going first. A score, like last night can put immediate pressure on the other team. As we saw, you also might not get to your third shot.

I would definately use Briere and Vanek. My third one would be either Kotalik, Afinigenov, Hecht, or Connelly. While I'm not a Connelly fan, and wish he was gone his stickhandling ability makes him a decent shootout option.

Finally, does anyone know how often you can repeat a shooter if the shootout is tied after three rounds?

I'd go with Briere, Max, and Vanek in that order.

After that:

Dumont

Hecht

Kotalik

Drury

Kalinen

Connolly

Grier

Gaustad

Campbell

Lydman

Pyatt

Fitzpatrick

Numminen

Talinder

McKee

My order is based upon getting the guys with the best chance of scoring on a breakaway shooting 1st. I might move Grier up a little higher, but will stick with this for now.

My understanding is that you go through the full roster before repeating shooters. If one team has less than 18 skaters, I'd imagine the other team could start repeating when the 1st team does. I don't think it will ever be an issue as I don't ever see a shootout going more than 6 or 7 without a winner.

I think Briere was Lindy's top guy, and Torts had Vinny LeC. as his top guy going third (at home). Torts may want a do-over of his picks after last night though.

No quarrel with either Briere or Vanek. I'd have picked Max, Kotalik or Drury before Connolly; still and all, Connolly didn't make a bad move and in fact acquitted himself better than his counterpart (Brad Richards).

I think Briere was Lindy's top guy, and Torts had Vinny LeC. as his top guy going third (at home). Torts may want a do-over of his picks after last night though.

No quarrel with either Briere or Vanek. I'd have picked Max, Kotalik or Drury before Connolly; still and all, Connolly didn't make a bad move and in fact acquitted himself better than his counterpart (Brad Richards).

I don't think Lindy will keep using the same guys. He'll use it almost like a reward. If you're playing well and producing he'll use you. Or, he could use it as a slump buster. Vanek finally got one and lets see if it carries over to tonight. ;)

I don't think Lindy will keep using the same guys. He'll use it almost like a reward. If you're playing well and producing he'll use you. Or, he could use it as a slump buster. Vanek finally got one and lets see if it carries over to tonight. ;)

Maybe Vanek needs a Mark Grace type of slump buster. Anyone on here got a big nasty gnarly sister that would like to donate to the cause? :huh: (I need the devil smiley dammit)

Archived