GAME DISCUSSION (5/20/2006)

Corp000085

Game 1, Sabres at Hurricanes, 2:00pm, NBC. The game will be broadcasted locally on WGR 550 AM radio, http://www.wgr550.com for the streaming audio. Again, to synch with the TV broadcast, you'll need to do some creative tivoing. Please join us in the chatroom today to discuss the game. Log on this morning and let your computer sit. This way if there's any glitches, you're not fumbling around during the beginning of the game. http://www.sabresreport.com/chat If you are going to the game, do not forget to do the "Let's Go Buffalo" chant at the 18:00 mark of the 1st period... That's 2 minutes into the game, for those who cannot do math.

I have absolutely no way to predict this game. It could go either way. Sure, its cliche to say, but it really could go either way. I can see both teams hitting a wall and being swept... I could see this game going to 6 or 7 on either side. The skaters are pretty much equal on both sides. Buffalo may have a slight edge in goaltending, but that's pretty much a wash too... The "x" factor though is coaching. Peter Laviolette is a fine coach, but lindy ruff is establishing himself in a different league than ALL the other coaches in the league. I'm not going to go out on a limb and predict it, but i like Buffalo in this series, WINK!

GO SABRES!

Oh, and on a LAMP note, i'll come back with some pictures of the pre, during, and postgame today. I may be getting together with DCSabres, so there'll be plenty to share when i return tonight.

I can't wait for this one. I went out to watch the game last night, and damn if Edmonton didn't pick up a nice win. I think they have a very good chance to win that series and advance to the Finals. My son has hockey practice from 1 to 2, so I hope there aren't any red lights on the way home. ;)

Let's go, Sabres.

i think miller has definatly shown he's the better netminder now... we just need to stay consistant... thats whats most important... win another on the road and then go from there and start fresh at home... this can be done...