The "HEY" song

Hawerchuk

I don't know about you guys here, but is anybody else annoyed with the playing of the "HEY" song after EVERY friggin goal in EVERY friggin arena??! I mean, they probably do it in Buffalo too and its getting so overplayed for about 10 years now. I hate that song. Killing me!! Do something different will ya? Its even played in just about every football game too. Maybe I'm just easily annoyed but give me a break!! :angry:

There, had to get that rant started.

I don't know about you guys here, but is anybody else annoyed with the playing of the "HEY" song after EVERY friggin goal in EVERY friggin arena??! I mean, they probably do it in Buffalo too and its getting so overplayed for about 10 years now. I hate that song. Killing me!! Do something different will ya? Its even played in just about every football game too. Maybe I'm just easily annoyed but give me a break!! :angry:

There, had to get that rant started.

Yeah, it is definitely over done. The coolest one, IMHO, was playing Blur every 5 minutes or so when the Sabres kicked the Leafs butts! (WOO HOO!!!!) The whole rink was rockin'; especially after Robbie's goal.

yea all ive ever known is the Blur song for goal horn songs... i know the sabres had that Zombie Nation song for a season or two as well... that was good but at least one thing that has stayed somewhat consistant is the goal horn itself... it still has that duller less piecreing tone to it like the one it the aud did... even though i never knew the aud........ tear.... ;)

I prefer 'Pop That Coochie' by 2 Live Crew :D

Or

No music at all. I must be getting old. It's hard to talk hockey with fans around you when they have "Machine Head" blasting. It really hurts the game expierence IMO.

What about the cliche "Keep 'em Seperated" everytime their is a fight?

I would like to hear "Just my Baby Dad" everytime they score a goal. :o

I prefer 'Pop That Coochie' by 2 Live Crew :D

Or

No music at all. I must be getting old. It's hard to talk hockey with fans around you when they have "Machine Head" blasting. It really hurts the game expierence IMO.

haha you might just be lol... talking hockey with fans is great but thats what intermission is for... you need some sort of music to keep the fans in the game... if you don't get them riled up then there not gonna stand up and cheer.... you need something and music is perfect for that.

haha you might just be lol... talking hockey with fans is great but thats what intermission is for... you need some sort of music to keep the fans in the game... if you don't get them riled up then there not gonna stand up and cheer.... you need  something and music is perfect for that.

Are you nuts? ;) In the past, intermission may have been for chatting with other fans, but so far this year, you are going to spend the entire intermission in line if you try to buy anything at the concession stands. You can't try to beat the crowd and get in line at a TV timeout, because there is no way to get served in less than 100 seconds unless you are the first person in line; and even then it's tough. (I can't wait for the concessions crews to get up to speed, as it were.)

On to your actual point. I don't really agree that you need music to keep the fans in the games. So far this year, the Sabres games have been averaging over 70 shots per game. If the fans can't get into the game and make some noise on their own with a show like that, I don't think it's possible to get them into the game.

At the Isles game, the fans were into it. They were a little quieter at the Bruin game, but I attribute that to the smaller crowd.

Are you nuts? ;) In the past, intermission may have been for chatting with other fans, but so far this year, you are going to spend the entire intermission in line if you try to buy anything at the concession stands. You can't try to beat the crowd and get in line at a TV timeout, because there is no way to get served in less than 100 seconds unless you are the first person in line; and even then it's tough. (I can't wait for the concessions crews to get up to speed, as it were.)

On to your actual point. I don't really agree that you need music to keep the fans in the games. So far this year, the Sabres games have been averaging over 70 shots per game. If the fans can't get into the game and make some noise on their own with a show like that, I don't think it's possible to get them into the game.

At the Isles game, the fans were into it. They were a little quieter at the Bruin game, but I attribute that to the smaller crowd.

agreed about the concessions... i missed 10 min of the 3rd period at the ottawa pre-season game... it was terrible... but when i went for the islanders game... it i left at the closest timeout to the 2min mark... got up there...watched the game from the top of the stairs then ran out to the concessions... first in line... and first back into my seat... it was great... good strategy... and your right... but music is nice to listen to during tv timeouts instead of ambient noise and crunching and the odd beer spilling...

Archived