Empire Sports Network

Hawerchuk

OK. I don't want to complain too bad here because I still get to watch the Sabres with CI, but man oh man, do I miss Empire Sports Network. I don't think I'll ever get a Rick and Jim broadcast with MSG because almost everytime its always the opponents feed. This is pissin' me off big time.

If the Rangers are on MSG the same night the Sabres are, does NYR always get the preference? I noticed they were playing tonight (whipping the Devils) and it was MSG. Any help here would be great. I mean, there is pretty much no way I'll get to hear Rick even if the game is on MSG, correct??

Maybe I'll just blast my computer speakers during the games and MUTE the opponents crap announcers.

Could those announcers complain any more than they did? My personal favorite was when the color guy complained about Vanek taking a dive when he was tripped in the second. The replay showed otherwise, but he refused to acknowledge it. Then in OT when Vanek really did dive, he was still complaining about the tripping call from earlier.

edit: And what's up with every announcer calling Pyatt "Pie-yat" instead of "Pie-it"?

Guest Colonel Forbin

I live outside Buffalo and have Adelphia basic cable - the Sabres games are on MSG, must be regional coverage.

I don't know, it looked like Vanek took a decent cross-check to me...slightly embleshed but worthy of a penalty.

Max's goal should go to Lydman.....Max's stick didn't touch it...it was good ole Davey Andruechuck's(sp?) hand that caused the deflection...no one seemed to catch that ?

i got the TSN feed and they were very unbiased.. especailly with Pierre mcguire... the guy has a temper problem or he just gets really excited fast but he's a damn good analyist and both were unbias towards the sabres and even at times sideing with the sabres heavily...

Could those announcers complain any more than they did? My personal favorite was when the color guy complained about Vanek taking a dive when he was tripped in the second. The replay showed otherwise, but he refused to acknowledge it. Then in OT when Vanek really did dive, he was still complaining about the tripping call from earlier.

edit: And what's up with every announcer calling Pyatt "Pie-yat" instead of "Pie-it"?

I believe the "Pie-yat" thing comes from the north of the border inflection. You know like "or-gan-eye-zay-tion". :o

Agreed, I thought the TSN guys did a nice job. I'll always be partial to Rick J., but I felt the TSN broadcast team did a nice job.

Did anyone catch the in between periods piece by Glen Healy on Roman Cechmanek......Hilarious!

RE: Empire Sports - I too miss the ESN....especially now that I can't get Hockey Hotline on Directv. Any suggestions on how to tune in for non-WNYer's?

Archived