Gaustad?

deluca67

He is my new favorite Sabre.

What's not to like about this guy? He's hopefully going to push the other guys to work harder, although a 4-1 start epecially against the teams they've played says they are working pretty hard already.

I agree. He played a great game last night.

Not only scoring a nice goal, but also playing very sound defense. Fantastic back-checking and several great hits -- particularly, of course, the monster (and yet clean) hit on Sydor!

Gaustad even had a long wrist shot from the other side of the Bolts' blueline in the third that almost beat Grahame.

And he looked good on the PP (about 30 seconds in total) in the third, having a hand in two scoring attempts. I would like him to see more time on this special team.

And... the "Anti-Pyatt" seems to be having an effect on the Pyatt as TP has had two solid outings in a row, hitting a bit and actually hanging onto the puck along the boards instead of turning it over. There may be hope for Pyatt yet!

I think it was Gaustad that also won a key draw late in the game from Vinny LeCav although we still couldn't put one home on that PP!

Def the only frustrating part of the game so far is the PP, but I'll gladly take that with a 4-1 start!

Anyone else though Temmpo(sp$?) struggled last night? Maybe it is the new team, new city thing, but I was hoping for a little more so far. Or maybe I'm thinking of Lydman....

Gaustad could end up being the next Andreychuk. Big, strong center who's good in front of the net. Both his goals are rebound goals. I like that he didn't just blast it on the ice like Varada used to do. He top-shelved it.

Teppo had a poor game. I didn't like Lydman in the first game, but he's looked pretty good since. I think Teppo just had a bad game. It happens.

Power play looked good in the first couple games, but now it looks awful.

numminen is one of those guys that does his job but i don't think makes a huge impact on fans... on a team thats this young no one wants to pay attention to the older guys like numminen... alot of people i think realise that he's 'supposed' to be the replacement for zhitnik... (really is not though).

Gaustad could have a very long NHL career as a 3rd center. He's physical, has the size and seems to have some touch around the net. I know the knock on him has been his skating, but I'm sure the Sabres can work with him over the next couple of years to improve upon it.

I'd like to see Chris Thorburn progress in the same way. They seem to be similar players.

numminen is one of those guys that does his job but i don't think makes a huge impact on fans... on a team thats this young no one wants to pay attention to the older guys like numminen... alot of people i think realise that he's 'supposed' to be the replacement for zhitnik... (really is not though).

I would rather not hear Teppo's name. If he eats up minutes and doesn't hurt the team in his own zone that's fine by me. The $2 million price tag still bothers me.

Numminen is not replacing Zhitnik. That would be Kalinen. In fact Numminen is garnering ice time in the James Patrick range. That is technically who he is replacing. Teppo is sixth in ice time among the D. He is only ahead of Campbell(thank God) and Kalinen (because of the injury). Right now Lydman is getting the most ice time but I'm sure Dimitri will be getting 25-30 min once he's healthy. :)

Archived