Anyone else watching on Center Ice?

hopeleslyobvious

I had Sun also via digital cable.

I learned a few years ago that the vast majority of announcers are homers, and while they certainly talk about the Sabres more than the opponent (as opposed to cheering for them), it reinforces just how good Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz are.

Yeah, the coverage was pretty biased. What really gets me is THEY NEVER SHOW THE FREAKING LINES!! God, will any station ever list the players and what lines they are going with. Horrible.

The color guy for Tampa was whinning like a little B$^#TCH about the crosscheck. Fug 'em. Good win for our boys! :D

Yeah, the coverage was pretty biased. What really gets me is THEY NEVER SHOW THE FREAKING LINES!! God, will any station ever list the players and what lines they are going with. Horrible.

The Atlanta broadcast showed the lines in the Habs game last night at the beginning of the 1st. I can't think of any other broadcasts that I've seen where both teams lines were shown.

I agree, the Lightening broadcast team is gawd awful...

I had to watch the game on videotape, as I had to work. I fast forward through the commercials. One thing I noticed, between periods, they only showed replays of the Lightening goals, and none of the Sabres! How lame was that?

One thing I used to love about hockey on tv, when they had a commercial break, during a period, you saw one commercial. Now it seems like they show 3 or 4 every break. Talk about slowing things down...I guess the NHL needs all the ad dollars it can get right now, so I shouldn't complain....

One thing I used to love about hockey on tv, when they had a commercial break, during a period, you saw one commercial.  Now it seems like they show 3 or 4 every break.  Talk about slowing things down...I guess the NHL needs all the ad dollars it can get right now, so I shouldn't complain....

They used to have "several" short breaks per period. They standardized that to 4-60 second breaks per period. About 3 or 4 years ago they changed that to 3 - 100 second breaks. The TV timeouts occur at the 1st even strength faceoff after the 6:00, 10:00, and 14:00 marks.

If you go to the game, look for the red light between the penalty boxes. When it is on, you have a TV timeout.

Archived