Atlanta needs a goalie

Hartman

The Thrashers have been hit with injuries to several of thier goalies and had to play a guy making his first NHL appearance the other night. I'm hoping they contact Regier about Mika or [even better] Biron. If Regier can pry away one of their young physical defensemen, if would sure help our soft blue line.

They had contacted Darcy.

I guess he never got the message. They probably won't come knocking again. With our luck they will catch lightning in a bottle and find a Hebert or something in their minors. They offered a 2nd rd. pick for Mika. It's on here in a different topic somewhere.

They had contacted Darcy.

I guess he never got the message. They probably won't come knocking again. With our luck they will catch lightning in a bottle and find a Hebert or something in their minors. They offered a 2nd rd. pick for Mika. It's on here in a different topic somewhere.

Yes, but now they are more desperate for a goalie... the price just went up! Unfortunately, our only glaring need right now is a solid 1st or 2nd line physical defenseman. We could trade half the team and still not get that... we certainly won't get that for Mika.

Shovel

The Thrashers have been hit with injuries to several of thier goalies and had to play a guy making his first NHL appearance the other night. I'm hoping they contact Regier about Mika or [even better] Biron. If Regier can pry away one of their young physical defensemen, if would sure help our soft blue line.

If the Sabres had any intention of keeping Mika, he'd actually be on the bench for a game or two.

Or they are shopping Biron and want to make him seem more valuable? Whoever they trade, it makes sense to get top value. Anyone can trade a guy for a bag of pucks.

PTR

You are so right.

There are 30 teams looking for goalies who don't play. How are you not an NHL GM? The Thrashers #1 need is another teams goalie castoffs. Maybe you can get Kovalchuk for Mika :D

Promo the Robot? Do you know that the costume for Promo came from a Houston TV station after the space walk? Dave Thomsas was an early host then Tom Jolles( sorry about the spelling). Oh Well.

You are so right.

There are 30 teams looking for goalies who don't play. How are you not an NHL GM? The Thrashers #1 need is another teams goalie castoffs. Maybe you can get Kovalchuk for Mika :D

Promo the Robot? Do you know that the costume for Promo came from a Houston TV station after the space walk? Dave Thomsas was an early host then Tom Jolles( sorry about the spelling). Oh Well.

Two words for you...Anger...Management.

PTR

Dave Thomas was the MAN. Tom Jolls < Grosek.

I never could figure out why a robot liked Pawtucket.

lets face it... we need SOMETHING for mika... not playing him isn't helping but biron on the bench isn't puttin his value up either haha... ah well.... were 4-1 right now... im damn happy and a trade will happen soon... just need to get the right return...

I hesitate to post this because of what it will start ... but I found this link ...

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

the last item in the notebook by Bob Mckenzie says that they Sabres are not shopping a goalie ... personally, I take it with a grain of salt, I can't imagine why they would keep all 3 ... national columnists like this are wrong all the time .... but that is probably where they got what you heard last night ...

I don't have a major problem with this stance. We need to deal from a position of strength. The only Goalie you could do that with currently is Miller. One will get moved, later rather than sooner, when it is on our terms. Right now, a draft pick is all you will get. (which is enough for me, but that is a different story)

I hesitate to post this because of what it will start ... but I found this link ...

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

the last item in the notebook by Bob Mckenzie says that they Sabres are not shopping a goalie ... personally, I take it with a grain of salt, I can't imagine why they would keep all 3 ... national columnists like this are wrong all the time .... but that is probably where they got what you heard last night ...

Beat ya! ;)

Biron and Noronen both have enough games under their belts that other teams know what they're capable of. Are you suggesting benching Miller just to "showcase" Noronen and Biron??? That's brilliant.

PTR

The simple fact here is that the team has completely alienated Noronen. He doesn't even have a locker with the rest of the team. He has to be angry about this situation. He has to want out. If they were going to keep him (ie. trade Biron), Mika would've been on the bench for at least a couple games so far.

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I think Darcy does not want to trade within the conference. Think about it. Curtis Brown to the Sharks, Stu Barnes to the Stars. I'm sure someone will come up with 10 trades that refute my theory but it's my story and I'm sticking with it. :unsure:

Maybe I'm reaching here, but I think Darcy does not want to trade within the conference.  Think about it.  Curtis Brown to the Sharks, Stu Barnes to the Stars.  I'm sure someone will come up with 10 trades that refute my theory but it's my story and I'm sticking with it.  :unsure:

1. Barnaby to the Pens

2. Rayzor to the Sens

3. Peca to the Isles

4. Holzinger & Primeau to the Bolts

5. Varada to the Sens

6. Audette from Atlanta

7. Wilson to the Panthers

8. Juneau from the Caps

9. Corkum from Atlanta (yeah, I'm reaching a bit ;) )

and

10. Lalalalalalalafontaine to the Strangers

(Sorry, it sounded like a challenge! :P )

Maybe the Sabres are trying to shop Marty and get rid of his salary.  After signing Kolvolchuk I wonder if Atlanta can fit Biron under their cap?

It doesn't look like it. Atlanta is over $37MM right now and that's with Lehtonen on IR. So it looks like Atlanta would have to send a player back if they went for Marty.

Archived