NHL Center Ice Question

mphs mike

I have never had Center Ice but really thought I'd get it this year once the freeview was over and before the price went up at the end of the month. Then, tonight I get home planning to wath the Sens-Habs game before switching to baseball. According to the guise it was supposed to start a little while ago but instead it shows "game dropped." WHAR does that mean and how often could I expect that to happen to the Sabres or other games throughout the year?

First off where do you live? As if your in Buffalo or within 50 miles odds are you won't ever catch a Sabres game on Center Ice. As all Sabres games would be blacked out if the NHL deems you within the 50 mile radius that is deemed the home territory. Secondly, if a game is expected to be viewable on another network in your area (see OLN or CBC) you likely won't get those games on Center Ice either. As Center Ice is for games that you can't find elsewhere.

I believe he is in Memphis ... I am in Nashville ... this will be the 6th season I have it ... granted the other 5 I lived in the Pittsburgh area ... but that is the first time i have EVER seen it say "game dropped" ... there are some games that are not shown for one reason or another, but usually you know in advance and over the 5 seasons I had it before this one, I would say I saw an average of 75 of 82 sabres games ... it is SO worth it just for that, and I alos love seeing the Edmonton/Vancouver/Calgary/etc. games late at night ....

<snip>this will be the 6th season I have it ...

<snip> is the first time i have EVER seen it say "game dropped" ...

Same deal here. I think this might be my 7th or 8th year, I've lost count, but I've never seen "Game Dropped" before either.

I also love seeing the Edmonton/Vancouver/Calgary/etc. games late at night
I'm the same way. Possibly the best entertainment value you'll ever get for $130.

BTW: The Leafs/Flyers game is a good one. 2-1 Leafs, a few minutes into the 2nd.

Thanks - I'll order it tomorrow. For the past few years I've listened to Rick & Jim on the internet and watched Hockey Hotline on Empire. I also used to watch a combination of Second Shift and then the replay that came on at 5am the following day before heading to the office. I didn't realize how much I missed Empire during the strike last season!

I also saw the "game dropped" message, and wondered what it meant. I've never ordered Center Ice before, but this free preview has me hooked. I've spent every night for the last week watching games. Count me in. I'm not even necessarily a big fan of any other team and I live in Rochester, NY, so I get all the Sabres game on local cable, but I just love watching all of the other great matchups on each night.

Like this Toronto-Philadelphia game that Toronto appears poised to take.

I've had it for the past 6 years and really like it. Most of the time you get the buff. announcers. Only drawback is that it doesn't carry the post-game show -- and now that Empire is history there is no way to see it out of town (if I'm wrong about that, please let me know).

Archived