Sabre Bashers Need not apply

Toddkaz

You have some valid points DELUCA it doesn't make sense to fire Ted Nolan for being coach of the year and getting rid of John muckler a guy who might be right and might be wrong but not afraid to lose his job. But we have people like Lindy Ruff and Darcy who walk that line just doing enough to keep them afloat.

But the Buffalo Sabres Hockey Team is my Team and I cheer for them to win.

Ever here of Pat Falloon? Or Alexander Daigle, or Pavel Brendl Dave Archibald, Bryan Fogarty?

Draft picks from 10 different teams all #1's it happens. If you analize every team they have the same trade marks as the buffalo sabres.

Thats hockey, Buffalo Fans just seem to whine about it more. Guess when you have a lot of losers you are ashamed and fed up.

What do you expect from buffalo DELUCA?

a 39 million dollar payroll? A coack at 3 million a year a GM at 4 Million a year ie Mike Keenan and sell out every game and still lose 20 million dollars??

IF it was your TEAM DELUCA what would your payroll be?

WOULD you take 15 million dollars from your own wallet and take a hit?

Who the hell buys a money losing company keeps it in a small market and will take a major financial loss of around 10 million(although some will argue)

But yet doesn't love the team??????We are lucky they are here and my guess is enjoy them while they last.

I don't think DeLuca is a bad fan. I'd rather debate with him where we both give reasons for our points of view than with some posters who don't really have anything to back up what they say except that they love the Sabres so they must be right and DeLuca is wrong.

It doesn't make DeLuca a bad fan because he thinks they are not doing it right. It's OK to love your team and think it sucks at the same time. I'll admit I have seen a lot of negativity out of DeLuca in my whole week on this board, the guy may have ulcers from worrying about what Regier will do next, but so many others put him on the immediate defensive by questioning his love for the team he has no choice but to defend his opinions vehemently.

He may see things a little more black-and-white and more cynically than I do, but seems to me the guy buys tickets and cares as much as anyone on here. Just because he's wrong ;) doesn't make him a bad fan.

DeLuca is just one of those "look at me" posters who lives for bad news. It must be killing him that the Sabres are playing well right now because it validates what Regier, Ruff, and Quinn were saying all along...3 people DeLuca has been ragging forever.

Agreed

Sabres Good :D

DeLuca bad :angry:

I think I summed it up.

Try reading the posts before you start trying to figure where I come from.

I started on this board (or it's original incarnation of) two played seasons ago. Where were you during that time? No one on this board can touch me as a fan.

I was there when :

Bert scored #500.

Clint got cut.

Mayday.

And on 'No Goal'....section 305 on the blueline.

I know i shouldn't waste my time. But it gets old after a while when those with nothing to say use me to validate their posts. It's has been done before.

hey man, I'm trying to defend you here even though we sometimes disagree ... don't start with the "No one on this board can touch me as a fan. " crap or it's never going to get better.

Anyone who is open-minded and actually READS your posts can see you are passionate and knowledgable. Don't beat us over the head and stoop to the level of the lowest common denominator on here with your arrogance.

And on 'No Goal'....section 305 on the blueline.

DeLuca,

What row and what seats? You have no idea how close you came to seeing me go over the railing when the Sabres tied it up. I jumped straight up into the air and my feet were at least 6 inches higher than the glass. I have no idea how I managed to go straight up, because if I'd have gone about 6 inches forward, I'd now be a Marina trivia question.

Some of my "claim to fame" games were: Gretzky's 77th, 78th, and 79th. (Boo, but it was cool to say I was there and actually not be lying (unlike the 750,000 people that were there at the Bills / Oilers).

Sabres sweeping Habs in '83.

Sabres 14, Caps 2.

Derek Plante game vs. Ottawa.

Rico 49, Rico 49, Gare 49, Gare 50!

PS- Listen to BtP, his advice is sound.

Sabres sweeping Habs in '83.

That was the Sauve back to back shutouts in the Forum, was it not?

Anyway.

I have to be defensive some times when I see I am the only topic certain posters talk about.

I would much rather talk hockey. That's why I am here. The Sabres are off to a great start where are the posts talking about the start. They are going up against the best goalie in hockey next which will be a great test. They are coming of a solid road game. But there were plays and some players IMO that lacked the 60 minute effort. When I bring it up people bitch and moan how I'm not a fan because I choose to see the flaws.

Oh well.

I would have loved to have been at the Gretzky game. :rolleyes:

How about this for a Topic. Which player today causes you to buy a ticket everytime they play in Buffalo? Right now for me it would be Louongo.

Along those lines, I remember at one point in the early 90s the Kings were coming to town and I was in Buffalo for the weekend ... at the last minute my uncle and I decided to go to the game because who knows how many more chances you get to see Gretzky while he can still really play? We walked up and got the old standing room tickets at the top of the Oranges ....

Gretzky didn't do anything special that night, but man I miss the Aud ... hell I miss Buffalo ...

As for my english i don't really take the time out to spell properly or make valid points because who the f cares you get my point.

I am sorry that i make it hard for you to understand me but it is the same reading DELUCAS posts it doesnt make sense

While I usually don't agree with Deluca's pessimism, I do think his posts are very well thought out. He makes a statement and usually back them up.

You can be a fan of the team without being a fan of an individual on that team. Deluca falls into that category, I think. He is the biggest contributer here and stimulates good debate.

The Sabres have gone through about as rough a time as a team can without folding.

No goal started it. :angry:

Not being able to pay Peca was sickening. :unsure:

Hasek's departure. :blink:

Riga's arrest. <_<

Bankruptcy, the first buyer's inability to close the deal, , Paul Brown and the Portland Sabres, and the league takeover of operations... :ph34r:

I know I didn't really care what the Sabres were doing as much. Who wants to root for a team that might not be there tomorrow? Deluca did.

There is still some skepticism out there as evidenced by the gate receipts. Hopefully a 4-1 start will erase some of that...

As for the spelling and English, you may be making more points than you realize.

You can be a fan of the team without being a fan of an individual on that team.  Deluca falls into that category, I think.  He is the biggest contributer here and stimulates good debate.

I disagree with him on several points but agree wholeheatedly with that sentiment. Thank you for stating it FAR MORE CONCISELY than I ever could. :D

Sorry it is not about DELUCA being critical i have seen guys like him all my life where they are negative and the team wins and they still find fault.

MY SABRES ARE 4-1 YEAH BABY WIN THE NEXT ONE AND WE ARE ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!

LETS SELL OUT THE NEXT ON AND CHEER LIKE ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD just give them a chance before they lose because they are suprising everyone.

Don't forget how good they were in the second half 2 years ago.

LETS FACE IT GUYS they are a good team.

OH and i was their for MAYDAY and for the 4-3 MOINTREAL loss that was devistating mogilny and LaFONTAINE going down in the same game BUT I REMEMBER FUHR WENT IN for hasek for that series after beating BOSTON we would have went to the cup and won if we had lafontaine mogilny hawerchuk and HASEK in. Hasek was amazing in the boston game i remember him letting a goal in on the first shot then standing on his head...oh the innocence of hasek. And the fans pouring out into the streets going crazy after a first playoff win over boston we were almost teary eyed it was a moment long time comming we always lost to boston i hated it.

and i was their for DALE HAWERCHUKS 1000 game

and i was their for MILARCHUK i was their the day of the Pierre Turgeon trade i can barely remember but i think it was the San jose they played and it was the worst game ever no stars were their.

I was at sabre games since i was 5 years old so i might not be their as long sice i am only 30 but i have still been their.

SE DELUCA i have seen it all. I have been a SABRE FAN for 20 years and i know enough that this team has a vibe and they could go in the tank really easy.

It is all up to MILLER to save us when we are bad it is what we have been missing. Look at our roster we have good players all the way to fourth line other teams have players that shouldnt be here we have players fighting for spots!!!

I LOVE MY SABRES GO SAB?RES GO!!!!

DELUCA I wish i was their for the foot in the crease but i was not that must have been awesome to see

I HAVE FAITH AND I SEE DIFFERENT THEN DELUCA i will be right

By the way DELUCA i still expect my 20 bucks when BRIERE AND DRURY get more goals then SATAN.....

GO SABRES GO LETS SELLOUT NEXT GAME AND KICK A@!

4-1!!!!!!!! if we are 5 and 1 no looking back its MILLER TIME!!!!

Sorry it is not about DELUCA being critical i have seen guys like him all my life where they are negative and the team wins and they still find fault.

MY SABRES ARE 4-1 YEAH BABY WIN THE NEXT ONE AND WE ARE ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!

LETS SELL OUT THE NEXT ON AND CHEER LIKE ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!

I THINK WE SHOULD just give them a chance before they lose because they are suprising everyone.

Don't forget how good they were in the second half 2 years ago.

LETS FACE IT GUYS they are a good team.

OH and i was their for MAYDAY and for the 4-3 MOINTREAL loss that was devistating mogilny and LaFONTAINE going down in the same game BUT I REMEMBER FUHR WENT IN for hasek for that series after beating BOSTON we would have went to the cup and won if we had lafontaine mogilny hawerchuk and HASEK in. Hasek was amazing in the boston game i remember him letting a goal in on the first shot then standing on his head...oh the innocence of hasek. And the fans pouring out into the streets going crazy after a first playoff win over boston we were almost teary eyed it was a moment long time comming we always lost to boston i hated it.

and i was their for DALE HAWERCHUKS 1000 game

and i was their for MILARCHUK i was their the day of the Pierre Turgeon trade i can barely remember but i think it was the San jose they played and it was the worst game ever no stars were their.

I was at sabre games since i was 5 years old so i might not be their as long sice i am only 30 but i have still been their.

SE DELUCA i have seen it all. I have been a SABRE FAN for 20 years and i know enough that this team has a vibe and they could go in the tank really easy.

It is all up to MILLER to save us when we are bad it is what we have been missing. Look at our roster we have good players all the way to fourth line other teams have players that shouldnt be here we have players fighting for spots!!!

I LOVE MY SABRES GO SAB?RES GO!!!!

DELUCA I wish i was their for the foot in the crease but i was not that must have been awesome to see

I HAVE FAITH AND I SEE DIFFERENT THEN DELUCA i will be right

By the way DELUCA i still expect my 20 bucks when BRIERE AND DRURY get more goals then SATAN.....

GO SABRES GO LETS SELLOUT NEXT GAME AND KICK A@!

4-1!!!!!!!! if we are 5 and 1 no looking back its MILLER TIME!!!!

Please go easy on the typing with CAPS! Also, I am not the grammar police, but what you are typing and what you are thinking have to be two different things....I hope. :lol:

sorry i am posting while i am working it is hard to cook and type at the same time for all of you reading i will take time out to post sorry english bad me type good soon

Stop being so damn verbose. You are like my wife. I'll ask her a question looking for a one or two word answer and I'll get a biography in return. Just messing with you. I support all and any contributions to this forum, no matter how long, short, stupid, smart or just plain or nasty it is. ;)

Archived