GAME DISCUSSION (5/13/2006)

Corp000085

Tonight is a huge night for Buffalo. The entire game depends on how they come out. Forget the senators. They can play however they want... Desperate, giving up, floating, coming to win, bla bla bla... We've seen their best and we've beaten their best. It's all on Buffalo to show up, come out strong, and choke the life out of ottawa. The team did not finish its chances thursday. Afinogenov missed that wide open net. We took too many penalties. We lost the game, just like the senators lost game 2. Tonight is the night!

By the way, its on OLN nationally, MSG locally, on http://www.wgr550.com for the streaming audio, and game chat is open at http://www.sabresreport.com/chat

GO SABRES!

Good morning...

Well today is the day, the day a lot of us have been waiting for, I just hope that some people around here in WNY do not lose any more faith in this team...Everytime the Sabres encountered any adversity all season long they always rose up to the occasion and amazed us once again...

This is an incredible time for me, my family, my city, and my team...The Sabres want it more..They know what they have to do...Lindy has been here before he knows what to do...

What an amazing ride this is...Lets all enjoy it as much as possible, because we all know how hard it is to get to where we are now...

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be amazed -- and wrong -- again tonight. Because I have made peace with myself that the series will not end tonight. Ottawa, loaded for bear, the top seed in the conference, should be able to win a game at home to stay alive. They showed in Game 4 they are not going to run for the bus. And that's all fine. I predicted Sabres in six, and that's what we will have. It will be thrilling. The fans can finally have their elimination party. And the Sabres will stuff their pockets with a couple more million dollars... Win. Win. Win.

I hope to be amazed -- and wrong -- again tonight. Because I have made peace with myself that the series will not end tonight. Ottawa, loaded for bear, the top seed in the conference, should be able to win a game at home to stay alive. They showed in Game 4 they are not going to run for the bus. And that's all fine. I predicted Sabres in six, and that's what we will have. It will be thrilling. The fans can finally have their elimination party. And the Sabres will stuff their pockets with a couple more million dollars... Win. Win. Win.

PA, i was resigned in the fact that the series would not end last thuirsday. I may have posted and said otherwise, but i knew deep in my heart that there'd be a weekend game. I was SCARED thursday night... Reality hit me friday, and today i feel the exact opposite i felt on thursday afternoon. This team has found a way all season, they saw what happens when they come out flat on thursday. The sabres will advance tonight.

This IS Game 7 for us tonight...

IF we don't take it now it is going to be reallllly hard for us to come back from this series with all of the momentum that Ottawa would have gained...

It's going to be another great game...

Sabres Pull it out like a man cheating on his wife with another woman that doesn't want a child with the other woman!

lmfao

I think I heard about a "Worst Metaphor" writing contest once. elcrusho, with your last sentence, you would be raising the Worst Metaphor Cup like a... like a... never mind.

I think elcrusho's last sentence is why we have the phrase "A for effort".

I feel the same way about Buffalo tonight, though.

Listening to WGR. Paul Hamliton had some notes from the morning skate. Vanek looks like he's on while Novotny is out. The lines seemed to shape up like this:

Dumont-Briere-Hecht

Kotalik-Drury-Grier

Afinogenov-Roy-Vanek

Pyatt-Gaustad-Pominville

Also mention that he thought their was zero chance of Dom playing this series. He is too selfish and wouldn't bite the bullet and lose the series.

Maybe the fact that Vanek was sitting will light a fire under his a$$

Let's hope Tomas responds almost like Miro used to when he was demoted to the 4th line....

I'm already nervous about this game 5 hours before faceoff!!!

Alcohol takes the edge off. ;)

Honestly I think we have to win tonight. If Ottawa wins tonight, I think it's going to be a lot harder to put them away. We need to score first tonight. If we jump out to a lead, Ottawa is going to have to open up a little bit, and we can take advantage of it and get some better chances on Emery.

What an amazing ride this is...Lets all enjoy it as much as possible, because we all know how hard it is to get to where we are now...

So very true - To be able to watch your team mid-May is something special.

GO SABRES!

I really think that this game is crucial for us. I think we definitely have to come out and score first and keep the pressure on the Senators. I do worry that if the Sens win tonight, the "choke" chatter is going to start ratcheting up, and not losing this series is going to start to become an issue.

In some sense, you almost wish we had lost one of the first 2 games in Ottawa and swept at home to go 3-1 instead of going up 3-0 and losing game 4. It seems like the whole issue of "pressure" and "choking" wouldn't exist, at all.

I think I heard about a "Worst Metaphor" writing contest once. elcrusho, with your last sentence, you would be raising the Worst Metaphor Cup like a... like a... never mind.

:D

I'd like to thank all of the people that made this poss......errrr LETS GO BUFFALO...

I'm working at the bar tonight. I have to miss the game. They sometimes play the game I'm interested in on the big screen, but if I'm busy serving drinks, it doesn't matter anyway.

The good news is, the Sabres seem to have won more often than not in these games I couldn't watch on Saturday nights, especially when I expected them to lose. I'm afraid I expect them to lose tonight.

More good news, I have a bounty of alcohol at my fingertips to ease the pain, or perhaps, just maybe....celebrate.

Ryan Miller, I've been so-so on this guy from day one. Tonights the night.

I know I said "don't blame the refs", after the last game, but the officiating in that first period was indefensible. I'm usually pretty level-headed about this, but even I'm shaking my head. Though, even if they gave us extra penalties, we'd just fritter our power play away. That last power play at the end of the first period was ugly.

Buffalo 3, Ottawa 2, Buffalo wins series 4-1

Utter domination with the exception of a fart for game 4, period 1 and 3. Now, lets relish in this for at least 24 hours... Remember, we weren't able to relish after the philly series due to the montreal OT game that ended about 16 seconds after the flyers series.

Get some rest, and GO SABRES!

Buffalo 3, Ottawa 2, Buffalo wins series 4-1

Utter domination with the exception of a fart for game 4, period 1 and 3. Now, lets relish in this for at least 24 hours... Remember, we weren't able to relish after the philly series due to the montreal OT game that ended about 16 seconds after the flyers series.

Get some rest, and GO SABRES!

Dunno about utter domination, but we got by them...

WOW!

Dunno about utter domination, but we got by them...

WOW!

4-1 is 4-1, no matter how you cut it. we were outshot, out special teams, but we were not out scored and that's all that matters! It's not how many numbers you get, its getting her to spend the night!

4-1 is 4-1, no matter how you cut it. we were outshot, out special teams, but we were not out scored and that's all that matters! It's not how many numbers you get, its getting her to spend the night!

:lol:

Good morning...

Well today is the day, the day a lot of us have been waiting for, I just hope that some people around here in WNY do not lose any more faith in this team...Everytime the Sabres encountered any adversity all season long they always rose up to the occasion and amazed us once again...

This is an incredible time for me, my family, my city, and my team...The Sabres want it more..They know what they have to do...Lindy has been here before he knows what to do...

told ya so................