GOALIE TRADE

Toddkaz

please explain to me because i don't understand?

Why are we in a rush to trade are goalie(s)

1. Market value only goes up as season goes on

2. goalie injuries occur as season goes on

3. Injuries to our own goalies are likey to occur at the beginning

why would we not wait for a desperate team? Atlanta lost their goalie and Cujo just went down sooner or later they have to come to us for a goalie instead of us going to them.

Unless you know something that I don't, your strategy is being sucessfully used right now. Since Buffalo has wanted to get this mess off their shoulders, however, I don't see them waiting for a very long time. Also, it is unfair to Marty/Mika as one won't get to play anywhere. Expect the first realistic proposal to be accepted. Even if it's draft picks, Player TBN, etc.

please explain to me because i don't understand?

Why are we in a rush to trade are goalie(s)

1. Market value only goes up as season goes on

2. goalie injuries occur as season goes on

3. Injuries to our own goalies are likey to occur at the beginning

why would we not wait for a desperate team? Atlanta lost their goalie and Cujo just went down sooner or later they have to come to us for a goalie instead of us going to them.

I would have agreed with you 2 or 3 seasons ago. Instead we have now held on to three goalies to the detriment of their value. It is time to make a decision on the odd man out, apparently Mika and get SOMETHING for him rather than let him fester in Buffalo. By the time he's gone he'll be bad mouthing the franchise. Until then he's likely a hindrance to the team.

Good plan mis3384 ... now all you need is a team willing to take that salary and a coach willing to play Noronen, whom Ruff obviously has no faith in.

Does the new CBA and salary cap allow us to trade Marty AND pay a portion of his salary if we are willing to do that? I realize I'm talking about the Sabres, but baseball teams do it all the time.

Does the new CBA and salary cap allow us to trade Marty AND pay a portion of his salary if we are willing to do that? I realize I'm talking about the Sabres, but baseball teams do it all the time.

Ask the Capitals. Last I checked, they were still paying Jaromir Jagr's salary in New York.

trade marty for somthing........keep mika

Is there any validity to that statement at all? <_< Mika no longer has a locker with the Sabres. He has been cast away. Biron has been handed the back up job and clearly outplayed Mika all preseason. Mika is worthless to this franchise.

Expect the first realistic proposal to be accepted. Even if it's draft picks, Player TBN, etc.

In the Buffalo News this past Sunday, it was reported that Atlanta offered a 2nd round pick for Mika, but Regier couldn't make a decision, so ATlanta went out and looked elsewhere.

I don't get it ... no one can ever really make a case of Noronen except "he never got a chance" ... neither did I, but believe me, you don't want me in there. maybe he never got a chance because he was significantly worse than the other 2 all through camp in practice. I don't KNOW that for a fact, but it seems to make sense. The decision is based on something, and Ruff has seen these guys MUCH more than any of us.

noronen could have been good if he was played consistantly... but he wasn't. and thats that.... lets hope we can get at least some sort of player for him... anything... id prefer to get a player instead of a pick.... but as long as its not future considerations ala bag of pucks.

I 've always lke Marty better, maybe it's the extra couple years experience he has, but essentially I've always thought that they were about the same player. OK, just not to make a fool of myself I checked the stats and they ARE the same player. Biron's career GAA is 2.44, Noronen's is 2.55, Marty's career Save Pct os .911, Mika's is .905. Marty has more shutouts, but has played a ton more minutes.

Have this go on for much longer? I Don't get it? What is the problem here???

Is it causing the team to lose??? No

The who the f$#@# cares.....wait it out even if it is to the trade deadline and get the best player to help us push the playoffs

Who said waive him????LOL

Give me a break having to many goalies is the best thing ever it is all about us and when they are in need they come to us that is great.

Supply and demand boys simple economics

Supply and demand?

Darcy couldn't demand anything. The only person who believes they are all starters is Darcy. By not playing Mika at all no one will come banging on the door. You don't think that he was worth more than a 2nd round pick back when he was named the best player in the AHL - 2 years in a row? You think keeping the extra roster spot filled with someone who is virtually not on the team anymore is good? Luckily Roy won't have to go through wiavers, but could you justify it if he couldn't be called up later in the year for an injury and then be lost or have the veteran lost when he became healthy? There is no shortage of unproven goalies in the league - which is what they all have become. Biron was once a "promising up and comer" (read had trade value) Noronen was as I mentioned the best in the AHL (read trade value) and Miller was Hobie Baker winner (read trade value). Now you have Biron - couldn't get it done (read loss of value) Noronen - must really be bad they wouldn't even give him a chance (read we can get him real cheap because they clearly don't want him, he'll cost us less, and his ability is still unknow) and Miller (clearly the best they have played and not going anywhere)

No one is claiming having three goalies is a good thing, not even Darcy, our only fear is that he will keep waiting until we get nothing for what should have been a hot commodity (2nd rd pick aghhhhhhhh)

Since when is Jeremy White the second coming of Scotty Bowman as a hockey mind? Just because someone has a blog doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. I'm sure he's a good radio guy, but that's all he is, a radio guy with an opinion about hockey.

and if you're the hockey genius you make yourself out to be you don't need to be so defensive and use this joker to prove it.

• 1 month later...
here is my own brilliance look at the date please

You are a total douche.

Lay off the sauce before clicking the post button.

Oh, and to make this Sabres relevant so shrader and others don't wet themselves, I don't see any problem holding onto all three goalies since it isn't entirely clear Miller will be able to return from his injury at top strength.

Do we really want Leighton as a backup if Miller has future injury problems?

Archived