Nice quote

Knightrider

"All camp we've been saying everybody's got to do a little bit of everything," Gaustad said. "It's a team effort every night and I think that's how we're going to win."

I really like this guy's attitude.

Their best start since 84-85? Who'd have thunk it?

It's early. Lets give them some time. Last nights game was scary. They flat out dominated from the drop of the puck but their lack of finishers and Pitts abundance of them evened the score. Fluery stood on his head but Buff needs to capitalize a little more on those opportunities. :(

It's early. Lets give them some time. Last nights game was scary. They flat out dominated from the drop of the puck but their lack of finishers and Pitts abundance of them evened the score. Fluery stood on his head but Buff needs to capitalize a little more on those opportunities. :(

thats true... the finish is what counts but i think the post had a lot to do with it last night... lets face it they beat fleury just not the iron... but your right... at the end of the nights its the goals in the net that count...

Pittsburgh is a team we have always had trouble finishing against. Once Vanek gets going, and the more our team gets used to things, as long as we keep our disipline up, the more chance's we'll finish off. Fleury was an octupus last night. those post hits i guess were just trying to go a little fine. frustration that if u throw anything at him it'll be saved. meh i may be wrong, just a guess.

I really like this guy's attitude.

Their best start since 84-85? Who'd have thunk it?

I thought the quote was generic and cliche. That said I love the kid and I think Buffaro is falling for him too. :wub: I can't wait until he beats the piss out of someone. Then everyone will have man crushes on him. (except for women) :rolleyes:

I think Peters does have a role with this team. Abeit an antiquated and brutal one but if other teams are going to thug it up, we need to have ours. B-)

We have Gaustad, Mair and maybe Mckee who can drop the gloves and go. I see no need for another guy like that especially one who can't contribute in any other way. IMO...Say good-bye Peters.

I agree with you and understand your point but Peters isn't going anywhere. For whatever reason every team still feels the need to carry these one dimensional players. I'm sure Lindy doesn't want Mair and Gaustad and definitely not Mckee parading back and forth to the box all night.

Peters will probably be a scratch quite a bit once Mair comes back - unless there are lots of injuries and then Roy will likely be called up.

Forward lines as I see it once everyone is healthy are (LW-C-RW):

Vanek-Briere-Dumont

Hecht-Drury-Grier

Kotalik-Connolly-Afinogenov

Pyatt-Gaustad-Mair

I can see Peters playing for example against Philadelphia or Toronto (and Pyatt getting scratched unless Kotalik is dog-housing it). He's as cheap as the come and no sense in bringing Derek Roy up so someone more skilled and expensive can sit in the Press Box.

By the way, what does everyone think of the 2nd round pick for Noronen from Atlanta which Darcy was too slow to pull the trigger on - looks like a good one which got away - guess they weren't sure about Miller/Biron yet.

I agree with you and understand your point but Peters isn't going anywhere.  For whatever reason every team still feels the need to carry these one dimensional players.  I'm sure Lindy doesn't want Mair and Gaustad and definitely not Mckee parading back and forth to the box all night.

Once Mair is healthy, Peters will probably dress for the Leafs games but very few others. I don't expect to see him dress more than 20 times this season (including the 3 he's already suited up for).

Also, if fighting leaguewide stays on the decline, I would not be surprised to see him not make the team next year. We're only 1 week into the season, so it's hard to say whether goons will continue to have a role.

Once Mair is healthy, Peters will probably dress for the Leafs games but very few others. I don't expect to see him dress more than 20 times this season (including the 3 he's already suited up for).

Also, if fighting leaguewide stays on the decline, I would not be surprised to see him not make the team next year. We're only 1 week into the season, so it's hard to say whether goons will continue to have a role.

Wouldn't you rather have Roy on the fourth line for the Shoot-outs?

Peters is a waste. No one is going to drop the gloves while the refs are calling everything. maybe if the calls decline then put him in. for now, keep the extra scorer on the bench. Why waste the roster spot.

We have Gaustad, Mair and maybe Mckee who can drop the gloves and go. I see no need for another guy like that especially one who can't contribute in any other way. IMO...Say good-bye Peters.

Gaustad is unproven, McKee & Mair are punching bags. At 6'4", 250 lbs, Peters is the first legit deterrent to thuggery we've had since who - Playfair?

He has a role on this team.

Wouldn't you rather have Roy on the fourth line for the Shoot-outs?

Peters is a waste. No one is going to drop the gloves while the refs are calling everything. maybe if the calls decline then put him in. for now, keep the extra scorer on the bench. Why waste the roster spot.

Maybe when the 3 headed goalie monster goes away, then Roy gets called back up. But I don't agree with keeping him on the roster strictly for shootouts. I'd prefer to have him PLAYING in Rochester rather than sitting in the stands in Buffalo or playing 3 minutes per game on the 4th line. I expect to see Roy get called up when one of the 1st 9 skaters gets injured or goes into an extended slump and he can take a regular shift.

They aren't going to put Roy on the 4th line and although there are players in the top 9 you like less than Roy, none of those guys has played himself out of a roster spot through the 1st 4 games. I like the idea of having an "energy" line of Mair - Gaustad - Pyatt, especially because all 3 have been used as penalty killers.

I agree Peters is a bit of a waste right now but do expect to see him in the lineup for "circled" games such as TO. I don't know if he would have to clear waivers to go down if they did decide to send him to Rochester.

Keeping a guy for shootouts? Do you know how many rounds they'd have to go through before they got to Peters and Ruff was like "Damn, wish I had Roy!" ... the shootout is THREE rounds ... is Roy SO good on shootouts that he would be a 4th lin player but in your top 3? top 5? Don't think so ....

I don't know if he would have to clear waivers to go down if they did decide to send him to Rochester.

If he gets picked up in waivers (which I would bet the house he wouldn't) how does that effect the salary cap?

Also,

I'm not sure if any of the top nine has played themselves out of a spot. I also am not sure if some of them ever played their way in <_<

If he gets picked up in waivers (which I would bet the house he wouldn't) how does that effect the salary cap?

If somebody picks him up, he counts against their salary cap from that time forward. If he goes back to Rochester, he no longer counts against anybody's salary cap.

did any of you guys read the article where peters was trying to round out his game? i think he could be a useful player still, a 4th liner who can create some havok infront of the net. his big and can skate. you cant train that. I see there two swappable roles, Pyatt and peters being interchangable and Connelly and Roy being interchangable.

I do think we should scratch Connelly for 4 games and see how Roy does, or cant we do that?

Peters can't skate, not like he needs to in the new NHL ... as unproductive as Pyatt has been, he is much more offensively gifted than Peters.

They can't bring Roy up from Rochester without sending someone down, and anyone on the current team except for Miller and Vanek would have to go through waivers, which would mean losing them to another team.

Archived