GAME DISCUSSION (5/10/2006)

Knightrider

Game Info: 7:00 pm EDT Wed May 10, 2006

Sabres vs. Senators, Game 3

Game is on MSG and CBC locally and the Internet.

Yahoo Preview and Link to Video (CBC Feed)

Comcast Video (MSG Feed)

Please keep ALL game related posts to this thread. Once again, our chat room will be rocking.

It's a good idea if you can to try logging into the chat early so you work out the bugs before someone scores!

Holy mackarel. The hugest game in our fair city in 5 years. The best team in the league on the brink of the abyss. The Dominator returning like Lazarus to the scene of his past glory, this time in the enemy's uniform. Our valiant warriors suiting up yet again to take on the army of darkness, this time without two of our finest. The hockey world is watching intently. Do we really have what it takes? The odds are long. But the spirit, the guts, the heart are indomitable.

My stomach is in knots, but I love this team.

Go Sabres.

This Senators team looks absolutely listless, and are skating like they are stuck in 2nd gear. Buffalo is skating like a team possessed and Emery can not withstand this kind of pressure for long. The Sens' veterans are taking dumb penalties, and the one on Redden cost them a goal. That cross-check by Redden is very telling on where this team's head is at.

The last thing the Sens want to do is get behind in this game and let this crowd feed off of it. Only a few bounces and breaks are keeping this game from being 2-0 or 3-0 right now. That being said, it is early and only a one goal game.

We are playing the perfect game against Ottawa so far...

I don't even remember a real quality chance for the Sens, other than the Alfreddson one-timer from the slot and Heatley's shot from the slot where he didn't get much on it.

Meanwhile we have a goal, 3 posts, and 2 missed one timers into an open net . MSG just reporting that we have outchanced the Sens 7-3 for the game, which seems to be frustating the heck out of Ottawa.

One more period like this and we probably get a second goal on a stupid play by Ottawa where they press too hard to try and make something happen.

Holding the Sens to 1 goal in 5 periods of hockey is a pretty amazing accomplishment to say the least.

I think it's obvious that this is part of our game plan to basically play a trap-style and wait for them to make mistakes(which they are making a lot of). So far it's working to perfection.

Yeah, Ottawa appears to be content to just keep firing from the outside and hoping for a rebound or deflection. The posts have been Emery's friend tonight.

As Kevin and Rob were just saying, Ottawa is going to come out and probably throw their best 20 minutes of hockey at us in the third. The big thing we have to do is limit turnovers in the neutral zone/defensive zone and avoid penalties.

More than anything, they are going to have to be ready for everything and anything, and be ready to counter whenever we get a chance.

I don't like the way this game is now unfolding. This game is starting to really look like a game that Ottawa is going to steal from us. We've had chance after chance on Emery and either hit posts, shot wide, or he's made a great save. It seems like these games when you out-play the other team and there is a lid on the net always wind up going to the other team.

We've played well and had tons of chances and failed to convert. That will come back to bite you in the Playoffs, and I got a feeling we are going to be bitten by that unfortunate bug in OT. Just a hunch, though.

Overtime makes me very nervous. I hope it doesnt turn into a 3OT type game with the Sabres losing. I would be absolutely miserable at work with no sleep and a loss. I think Buffalo scores on a 2 on 1 off a great save from Miller sending the action the other way.

Emery with another close call. Ugh, I hate these games, because I have seen the team that seems to dominate lose these games. We definitely need to avoid any more penalties. That cost us the lead. Let's go, guys!

This team is unreal. I'm thinking they are a team of destiny now.

Up 3-0!!!!

yup, i said out loud to my wife "that's elcrusho's cup"

She was like "what the hell is elcrusho"

I was like "nevermind"

Then i stripped to my underware and started running around the cul de sac

I think elcrusho made the jumbotron too, during some "kiss cam" time that at least gave us a break from the Why Guy.